Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Top Layer infill Issue

Posted by ayouden 
Top Layer infill Issue
December 12, 2013 05:29PM
Hey,

I have had this issue for a while now and I have not come to a fix.

My printer doesn't seem to be doing a complete full top layer. as you can see from the images attached, there are some noticeable holes and it isn't solid!

Has anyone had this issue before, or do you know how to fix this?

Thanks very much!

Alex.

NFireLabs - The World First Modular 3D Printer - At An Affordable Price!
Attachments:
open | download - IMAG0204.jpg (543.6 KB)
open | download - IMAG0203.jpg (517.6 KB)
Re: Top Layer infill Issue
December 13, 2013 07:09AM
Have you made sure the amount the hotend is extruding is calibrated properly?

I had that problem a while back and just recalibrated the amount it extrudes in Marlin.
December 13, 2013 12:13PM
Hey,

I didn't think this was a extruding amount issue, so I will increase the steps per mm it and see if that helps.

thank you for your suggestion.

Alex
December 13, 2013 01:31PM
Don't just blindly increase your steps/mm, you need to print out a hollow single walled object, measure the wall thickness (at the top!) and compare it with your slicing settings. Too thick means over extruding, too thin means under extruding. If it's just right, then you have another problem. If you're using slic3r, make sure your nozzle diameter is set right. If skeinforge, play with the Inset/Infill width over thickness (ratio) setting. I haven't used any other slicer, but I'm sure they have similar options for setting how solid the solid infill is. Another thing to consider is bed height if you're only printing one solid layer. If the nozzle is too far away, then the first layer will effectively be under extruded even though your other settings may be correct.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login