Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

completed an old Techzone Mendel (firmware?)

Posted by richw8341 
completed an old Techzone Mendel (firmware?)
December 03, 2013 08:13PM
Just getting into 3D printing by acquiring someone's abandoned project, a Mendel with Techzone generatoin 3 boards. I know I will eventually upgrade to something much newer but this has become a challenging project. Mechanics are now assembled and work very well but I have to use an Arduino UNO to run the steppers back and forth for mechanical testing. The Remix MB was in a sealed package and probably doesn't have any firmware installed. I don't know. Maybe it doesn't even have a bootlaoder installed. I have gone around in circles for two weeks trying to compile what is purported to be the latest MB firmware in the reprap archives. But one header file is missing "WProgram.h". I Have loaded the sanguino plug ins and can select the 644 tool. but have not been succesful in putting together a set of files that will compile. I have stubbed out a lot of stuff and it doesn't get much better. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Thanks

P.S. I have a RAMPS 1.4 on its way but I would still like to build this in its original form first.
Re: completed an old Techzone Mendel (firmware?)
December 04, 2013 05:49AM
From what I recall WProgram.h was used by the Arduino IDE prior to the 1.0 release.

Try installing an old copy of the Arduino IDE (the one that opens PDE files) I think you can get a copy here [code.google.com]
December 04, 2013 12:17PM
To make it compile in Arduino 1.0 you just replace the Wprogram.h with Arduino.h . But in all honesty even when those electronics were current they did not work well and basically Techzone machines were 95% of the issues on the forum here when they were actively selling them. It was a beautiful day when Techzone went away and the problems stopped pouring in. Last thing is none of the current firmwares will work on it except possibly Teacup (they may have dropped support for the extruder board too). So that will leave you with an old firmware and a jerky bumpy machine that gives a really poor finish on the parts if it works.

Last thing is the RepRappers section is for discussing "People building or using RepRaps" as the title says and not for technical questions. There are appropriate sections for all technical questions like the firmware sections that this question should be in.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
December 04, 2013 03:13PM
I had a Techzone Mendel, and I suggest just moving up to more recent electronics if it is possible at this time for you to do so.

There is more recent software and firmware that makes it worthwhile, and the electronics themselves are not very good. The hot end temperature management is particularly unpleasant!

Yvan

Singularity Machine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login