Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help i need to use my 3D printer with Out hotbed

Posted by hectoralbertosoto 
Help i need to use my 3D printer with Out hotbed
November 28, 2013 12:33AM
Hi everyone , i need help !!! I need to configure my 3D printer to use it whit Out hotbed , i know that is possible but i Dont know how to do it , please i really need help

I am using ramps 1.4 and marlin Firmware
Re: Help i need to use my 3D printer with Out hotbed
November 28, 2013 03:54AM
If you are printing PLA I don't think you need a hot bed.

You need to setup your slicer settings so that the printer isnt waiting for the hot bed to heat up (as you don't have one).

I think there may be a bug in slic3r to do with this, and its not clear if its been fixed (see [github.com]) however it appears if you set the bed temperature to 1 deg then save and then set it to 0, it will output gcode that doesnt require a heated bed.

However I've never tried this as I have a heated bed.
November 29, 2013 02:04PM
Look in your Configuration.h. There is a setting for this:

// The minimal temperature defines the temperature below which the heater will not be enabled It is used
// to check that the wiring to the thermistor is not broken.
// Otherwise this would lead to the heater being powered on all the time.
#define HEATER_0_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_1_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_2_MINTEMP 5
#define BED_MINTEMP 5

You should just be able to set your temp below the minimum to keep it off.
November 29, 2013 11:03PM
You can set this in your slicer program. In Slic3r you set the bed temperature to zero and zero under "Filament Settings/Filament". When you change the number make sure that you click the curser in any other box after typing in the number you want. Sometimes it won't change the number if the curser is still in the box that you made the change in.
November 30, 2013 02:50PM
Better to do as mentioned in another duplicate of this thread and simply set the heated bed thermistor to "not there" (zero). That way nothing odd can happen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login