Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapPro Mendel, correct axis movement

Posted by vandborg 
RepRapPro Mendel, correct axis movement
November 25, 2013 11:56AM
Hi fellow Reprappers.

I just made my ReprapPro Mendel finished. I have used some aluminum pulleys instead of the plastic that came with it. My problem now is that when I move the X-axis 60mm forward with Pronterface, then move the shaft itself actually 69mm. Which parameter should I change in firmware and what is the right formula?

Happy printing
Torben
Re: RepRapPro Mendel, correct axis movement
November 25, 2013 02:53PM
Open configuration.h and find the default steps per unit and change the first and second parameters

There is plenty of documentation about this. e.g i found this posting, but there are many others [www.matterhackers.com]

Try changing the values so that they are 60/69 times their current values then upload and measure again. In my experience I had to repeat a few times to get the value just right
November 25, 2013 06:10PM
Before you head into the firmware, you might as well check the X and Z axis as well. They don't interact with each other. Correcting them all at once is a bit less work than doing it one at a time.
November 25, 2013 07:04PM
Hi Torben,

I did the same, I have got GT2 pullyes 20 tooth, and I had to adjust my STEPS PER UINT on the firmware as below

// default settings
// X, Y, Z, E steps per mm
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80.00, 80.00, 4000, 660}

You need to use the Josef Prusa calculater to workout yours
[calculator.josefprusa.cz]

Hope this info is useful.

Repdav
November 26, 2013 07:40AM
I think if you go into the C code, you will find that the steps are integer numbers. Having decimal points in them may eventually confuse the firmware. More or less - an update comes out two years from now and things go nuts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login