Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E Motor Problem

Posted by Nova 
E Motor Problem
November 21, 2013 03:26PM
Hi again, last time i posted here i was asking for advice about my first RepRap, i ended up building myself a Prusa i3 Boxed =)
The printer is just great, i finished it 2-3 week ago and i've tuned it day by day, in the end the printing result were realy, realy great.

Now suddendly the E motor has decided to behave strangely, the problem showed up yesterday and i cant find a fix for it, i've searched on this forum and on google but i wasnt able to find anything..
Since i rly dunno how to describe the problem in a decent english i've maked a short video of it --> [youtu.be]

I'm using a Minitronics with marlin as firmware, i've tried to swap the E and X connector on the board and the E stepper moved the X motor fine but the X stepper had the exact same problem with the E motor, so it seems not to be a board problem.
I've tried to remove the pinion from the motor too and nothing changed, so it's not related to the hotend or something else stucked.

This is still mi first RepRap so i'm not that experienced, hope someone here can guide me to a solution!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2013 04:57PM by Nova.
Re: E Motor Problem
November 21, 2013 04:58PM
Have you checked the wires on the connector going from the motor to the board?
November 22, 2013 03:32AM
uncle_bob
Have you checked the wires on the connector going from the motor to the board?

mmm, not rly since all the cable have spiral wrap on them..
Well, i'll unwrap them and check when i get home from the university thumbs up
November 22, 2013 09:58AM
One very likely issue - the little crimp on pins in the connector got crimped over insulation on the wire.
November 22, 2013 01:07PM
uncle_bob
One very likely issue - the little crimp on pins in the connector got crimped over insulation on the wire.

And now it works, amazing ^^

I've unwrapped the cable and straightened them, checked the connector and changed the cable routing, and it just started working again!
I'll check component by component tomorrow to understand which one failed in the first place, right now i can only thank you very much..

Good printing to everybody and thanks again unble_bob =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2013 01:14PM by Nova.
November 22, 2013 05:44PM
I'll bet you a warm glass of beer smileys with beer that the crimps on the connector aren't right or that you have a bad solder joint on the controller board.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login