Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help with dingleberries

Posted by makovai 
help with dingleberries
November 20, 2013 01:13PM
My prusa, for the mot part prints pretty well. But I get high spots on my fills and when the machine rapids over the top of them it has knocked it out of alignment and scrapped my print.
I really would like to find a setting in slic3r that makes it lift the z on all rapids (is there one?), but the ultimate fix would be to get rid of these blobs or dingleberries as I like to call them.

What is the causes of these blobs?

This is by no means a really bad scenerio, but its what i have a picture of. Sometimes i get them all over my fill.

Attachments:
open | download - Capture.JPG (52.7 KB)
Re: help with dingleberries
November 20, 2013 05:13PM
There are a couple of possibilities:

1) Crud in your filament. You mention it knocking things out of alignment. Crud can be solid.
2) Over extruded filament, cut your flow rate back.
3) Moisture in your filament. You may need to dry it out.
4) Crud from your work area….
5) Junk off the end of the hot end (leaks or over extrusion)
6) What ever you use to coat your glass reacts with your filament.

First step would be to watch things closely and see what’s happening. Cut one apart and see what’s in it.

Second step might be to try another batch of filament.
November 20, 2013 05:52PM
I've watch all that pretty close. The most logical would be flow rate from the extruder.
I run many different colors of filament so unless they are all bad i doubt its that.
The flow of my hotend would possibly answer a few other small issues i have. I will definatley want to check that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2013 06:08PM by makovai.
November 20, 2013 06:09PM
Slic3r has a flow rate setting. You can set it just about anywhere. It's "extrusion multiplier" under the filament tab. If you are running with defaults, *and* your bed is truly at Z zero, you are putting down a lot of plastic on the first layer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login