Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X endstop triggers with Z

Posted by ageronimo 
X endstop triggers with Z
September 28, 2013 08:44AM
Im sorry if this had been addressed already, but my search turned up nothing.

I recently had gotten the motors on my printer working correctly, endstops and all. I then readjusted one of the Z axis screws, in order to level the X-carriage bars better, and since then I have had problems with my X axis endstop.

Only in certain parts of the plate (generally the right side, which is now relatively lower than it was before, due to me moving the rotating the right size Z-screw up a bit), when I send Z to the home position, I get a reading (M119) that both the Z and X endstops are triggered. Even though the X is not at the end, it will now no longer move in the direction of the X-endstop.

Suggestions?

Is there a way to reset the whatever endstop configuration has been saved onto the board? I reuploaded the sprinter firmware again (configuration.h attached) and there was no change.

Could there be interference in the cables? How to correct that?

Thank you so much!
-Andrew
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (17.9 KB)
Re: X endstop triggers with Z
October 24, 2013 12:40AM
I think I would start out by making sure the spring on my X end stop is still working. Switch should open back up after you press it.

Then I would start inspecting the wires for the two end stops. Inspect them end to end to make sure they haven't gotten worn anywhere or some other method of causing a short.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login