Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shity print!

Posted by Synspeckter 
Shity print!
September 24, 2013 10:21AM
Finally successfully build the RepRap Mendel printer, and started printing. What`s not that tremendously exiting is the results... I feel like I have been trough the whole forum and Reprap wiki several times, but not found anything that gives me what I expect. Tried out a lots of different temperatures of both bed and nozzle, ok it made a difference between 240 and 180C, but there`s still not good. The printer it self works perfectly. Current settings: N 185C bed 60C. It`s also seems like it just print half the height of the 20mm cube, and thinwall!
See picture.

Another issue is that the Nozzle temperature resets it self about 20 sec after i hit the print button ( to 200C). Have tried tor run the M500 after setting the temt to 185C, but does`t help..

Thanks in advance!

Re: Shity print!
September 24, 2013 11:53AM
1st, need a bigger pic. Cant tell what is going on. If they have to be that small, you might consider just posting a close up of each print individually. (Um, OK, pic is bit now. Don't know what's up with my browser.)

What plastic are you using? PLA, if so those are the right temps for it. You need to be sure which plastic you have.

If you suspect you are having temp issues, see if you can get your hands on a laser thermometer. My local hardware chain store has one for about thirty five bucks that is accurate to within a few degrees.

Does that temperature reset happened to coincide with the completion of the first layer? (You may not see this exactly due to the time it takes the nozzle to heat up or cool off.) Check your slicer config to make sure you don't have it set to run the nozzle at X for the first layer and 200 deg after that.

Please post:

Extruder model
Hot end model
Controller board model
Firware name and version (Marlin, Sprinter, ...)
Slicer software name and version (Slic3r, SkeinForge, KISS, Cura, ...)
Printer driver (host) software name and version (Printrun, Resnapper, Repetier-Host, OctoPrint, ...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2013 12:08PM by appdev007.
September 24, 2013 11:56AM
Have you calibrated your e_steps, and calculated the steps for x, y, and z?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
September 24, 2013 12:13PM
Now that I can see the pic, Cam is right, E steps definitely looks like an issue. I would stick to the thin wall cube from the front right until the walls are way more solid than that.

Here is the E steps calibration. I highly recommend you go through this whole doc in order before trying to do any serious printing. If you get stuck on any one step come back and let us know.
September 26, 2013 03:51AM
nothing solid there, looks like you your printing sponges

just crap,
Try hand extruding, you should be able to extrude like 100mm of filament without any pauses .. it should be a long stream
September 26, 2013 11:19AM
You say the temp resets to 200c during the print. The only way that could happen is if the G Code contained a set temperature command. Depending on your slicer settings, it's very possible for the slicer to have inserted the command. Are you sure you don't have some slicer setting to change the temperature after the first n layers? Both Slic3r and Skeinforge support this, so it's very possible that's what's causing the temperature change.
September 29, 2013 04:48PM
SOLVED!

Only problem was that I had not sett the filament to be 1,75mm but 3.0mm. Prints perfectly now!
September 29, 2013 05:25PM
Lol nice and easy
Anonymous User
October 01, 2013 12:55AM
You say the temp resets to 200c during the print
October 01, 2013 07:50AM
Fixed that to, temp in Slic3r was 200, but I thought I could just sett it in pointerface instead. The gcode must have right temp.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login