Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot end nightmare

Posted by stefanjess91 
Hot end nightmare
September 21, 2013 03:24PM
I really hope someone can help me here, ive been trying to fix this issue for almost a week now with no luck whatsoever. Everytime i try to print the left vertext foot of a reprappro mendel the plastic ends up sticking to the hot end at some point and the print gets dragged about the glass bed and ruined. Ive tried absolutely everything i can think of, ive cleaned the hotend to make sure there was no plastic left that may have been catching on to the print, ive tried a variety of different temperatures, ive tweaked my retraction settings, my z offset, used different methods of getting the print to stick to the bed better (which wasnt an issue at all in the first place but i thought id see if it helped). Its not even always the first layer it happens with, a few times ive monitored the print until it was at least 20 layers up, i then left the room and when i came back 5 minutes later it had happened again. One thing that ive noticed is that when the extruder turns the large gear to drive the hobbed bolt it seems to be pushing the hobbed bolt up and out of its housing, which i think may be causing an uneven amount of platic to be extruded, when this happens the small strands of plastic may be catching on to either the hot end or the plastic thats then begun to extrude normaly again, but no matter what ive tried i cant get the hobbed bolt to stay in place. Anyway i dont know what to try next so if someone could help me id be overwhelmed with gratitude.
Re: Hot end nightmare
September 21, 2013 03:49PM
Re: Hot end nightmare
September 21, 2013 04:18PM
The only camera I have available to me right now is on my phone and I'm having trouble getting them to be a small enough file size to upload here, I'll get back to you as soon as I can, thanks for your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login