Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y-axis displacements

Posted by Tolstiy 
Y-axis displacements
September 12, 2013 04:07PM
Helllo everyone!
I've finished assemblying my Mendel Tricolour couple months ago and didn't face with this problem until last few days.

Like you can see on the picture, there some displacements on the Y-axis. These shifts take place while printing different models at different speeds.
Even trying same G-code twice, or more, ends up with shifts that could be higher or lower or in different numbers.

I've checked the Y-belt, tighten it up several times and displacements are still there.

Any advices?
Attachments:
open | download - cube_failed.jpg (62.1 KB)
Re: Y-axis displacements
September 12, 2013 05:32PM
Have you checked the pulley on the y axis to make sure it is tight?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
September 13, 2013 06:32PM
If you measure it and its at an even interval, then it's axis wobble. If its not then the pulley slipping is a good place to start. (I had this very issue.)
September 13, 2013 08:34PM
or maybe binding somewhere?

September 15, 2013 08:01AM
Well, I've listened to the pulley advice, disassembled it, added a little glue under the pulley, and after I assembled it againg the printing was just perfect for first three models.
But on the fourth try everything was back to its previous state.
September 15, 2013 10:54AM
Are your motor shafts all round or do they have flat places on the last third or so of the shaft?
October 14, 2013 05:17PM
Thank you all, guys, with your help I solved the problem and got some nice results.
First guess was for bindings and after I removed it, the problem was partly solved.
Then I found out that Y-belt is displaced by some angle if compare front and rear parts of Mendel. So I reassembled whole Y-system and everything went fine.

Again thanks all and sorry for late answer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login