Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen 7 annoyance >grinning smiley<

Posted by krinkleneck 
Gen 7 annoyance >grinning smiley<
July 01, 2013 03:21AM
I am trying to make a printable version of the Gen7 board 1.4. The problem is that it is opened on gEDA. I have neither the skill nor the patience for this. When I try to delete the silkscreen layer and the component layer it remains. This wouldn't be a problem if I planned on etching the silkscreen labels with the rest of the PCB. If someone could tell me how to just export the pads and traces without all the extra for a proper toner transfer I would be greatful. I am going bonkers with rage at gEDA.. it makes me want to buy outrageously expensive programs that are set up for users. That could litterally be their ad "at leasts it's not gEDA".
Re: Gen 7 annoyance >grinning smiley<
July 01, 2013 04:36AM

I have neither the skill nor the patience for this.

Then please stop messing with electronics.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 01, 2013 08:08AM
Maybe you can use the layout in the PDF file? Traumflug?

[github.com]

July 01, 2013 12:42PM
Oh, i'm sorry it's not like I'm taking the time out of my work week to do this. It's not like I am also learning new computer languages that aren't scripters at the same time right now along with carrying full time responsibilities. Here let me get my time machine/elixir of life so I can add more time to my day to have patience over. I don't have the patience for this program because I don't have the time to piss away over it. I don't know what kind of free time you think everyone has on this board, but using a crap program to justify yourself when nobody else has the time to get where you are isn't the best plan. It's not that I don't want to, it's that I don't have time to. When I can incorporate this into my repertoire of programs, then I will use it extensively.
TLDR: Don't be an ignorant dick
July 01, 2013 12:42PM
Ah, I'm blind as a bat *facepalm*. Well that's what I get for working at 12am last night. Thanks for ACTUALLY HELPING without complaining. You sir can have a good day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login