Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help!!!! Help!!! problems started when i connected the heated bed.

Posted by goku7642 
Help!!!! Help!!! problems started when i connected the heated bed.
June 21, 2013 05:06PM
Hello

So im not very familiar with the Repraps, i Know i have a Mendel with a 1.4 ramps board.
i got it from a guy on e-bay a year ago, it all worked fine when i connected it to the computer, i actually got some prints out of it but as i read, and happens a lot, the plastic was curving up because i had no heated bed install in it.

So a couple of weeks back i decided to get back to it and did some research, got the thermistor cables, connectors all the 9 yards.
then when i connected the power and the thermistor tot he board, nothing happened but instead when i told it to heat up to PLA or ABS, the temperature would not pass over 25 (t23-24-25)
its very strange because everything was working fine before i connected the bed. then i read in a threat that sometimes the board needed to be reset so i press the reset button but i think i hold it to long or what not, but now when i connect the printer to the computer, my motors dont turn on. something that was working before i hit that reset.

i have no idea what could be but i dont want to mess with it anymore till i get some advice.

if anyone could help or has been in the same situation please help me,jeje thanks
Re: Help!!!! Help!!! problems started when i connected the heated bed.
June 21, 2013 11:08PM
I would suggest you go completly over all your wiring. I know you only hooked two new things up, but you could have knocked something loose or shorted something doing so. The links below should help you out.

[reprap.org] (If you click on that pic of the wiring and the click on it again after it loads the 2nd time, it will get bigger.)
[reprap.org]

While doing so make sure the leads on the termistor you added are completely isolated from one nother and there is no way they can touch. Wrap their leads and the connection to their wire to in heat shrink or kapton tape.
Re: Help!!!! Help!!! problems started when i connected the heated bed.
June 21, 2013 11:12PM
Oh, and I think you were refering to the fact that the headed bed wouldn't heat up all the way. Make sure the 12vdc connection from your power supply that is connected to the RAMPS power connection on the connections labeled 11A can indeed provide 11 amps. If your using a PC powre supply, only a few of the wires on the supply are capable of providing that level of current.

[reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login