Advanced

Nozzles and pursa.

Posted by luigi 
Nozzles and pursa.
June 12, 2013 06:01PM
Hello,

I am atm doubting with Pursa I2 and I3,
wich i should buy,
The shop in my neighbourhood has the I2, and will have the I3 but he isnt sure yet about it.
So should i go with a I2 or is a I3 realy better?

Also my question is, what is better 0.35 or 0.5 as a nozzle diameter ?
Imo i rather have a precision then a fast product, so i think 0.35?

I heard 0.5 is normaly stronger ?

thanks guys!
Re: Nozzles and pursa.
June 12, 2013 06:14PM
ok im building a 13 nearly finished just hotend and heatbed and a replacement extruder and ill be finished, now i came to that cross road i was going too build a i2 i even got every nut and washer from work to do it until i saw the i3, and thought that will be more rigid then the i2 but the i2 is wl documented but the i3 is coming along and a few different types apart from single frame and box versions
June 13, 2013 11:19AM
Imo i like the boxs more,

If you want you could even drill em, and get your cabels through em,
An i bet they are more stable/straight.

Anyhow

Is it able to have like 2 extruders nozzles that you can switch?
Else i might buy now a 0.35 for being fine,
And if i ever need a 0.5 for more strong stuff, i can.

If you cant, i will still keep the 0.35
Imo quality is above productivity ^^ atleast when you arent a businiss or anything.

Btw is there a big diffrence between I2 and I3 when talking about Product quality/printing
I do think the I3 probably needs alot less caliberation tho.

Thanks for the advice!.
Greats,
Simon.
June 13, 2013 02:40PM
the reason i went for i3 so i can easily take the extruder off and repalce it with something else down the road, with the i2 you have a framework in the way how about a mendel90
June 14, 2013 12:05AM
chris33 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the reason i went for i3 so i can easily take the
> extruder off and repalce it with something else
> down the road, with the i2 you have a framework in
> the way how about a mendel90

Well how much does it cost and do you know any shop due i cant find any!

I think maybe to get a makerfarm Pursa I3.

But ye Mendel 90 seems also alright
June 14, 2013 06:18AM
You can remove the extruder easily on Mendel90 by undoing two wingnuts and unplugging the connector.

You can also remove the hot end by unscrewing three screws and loosening four terminals.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 14, 2013 07:04AM
to be honest any 3d printer that suits your needs theres so many choose, and the good thing you can always find a way of making it your own

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
June 14, 2013 09:22AM
i2, i3, or Mendel90 (i recommend the Mendel90 kit by Nophead, it looks like a lot of people are having good luck with it ) will be fine, ultimately, you'll most likely be happy with whichever one you get. I have a Budaschnozzle hot end, and to switch nozzles, it's simple, just unscrew the nozzle and replace with a different sized one- no need to remove the entire hot end. I've only had experience with the Budaschnozzle, but I'm sure other hot ends have similar features.

I started printing with a .5mm nozzle, which wasn't bad to start with; in my opinion I feel like starting out with .5mm is a good way to jump in, I just feel like it's easier to get first layers to stick with it. Later down the road you can swap to a .35mm nozzle easily and start playing around to get it working with the knowledge and know-how from troubleshooting the .5mm nozzle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 09:23AM by isonoob.
June 14, 2013 10:40AM
Well i dont think i will take a mendel,
Since well, Its 500 pounds,
I think rather to buy from MakerFarm a I3 8 inches model,

Its 580 dollars, so about 430 euros, and 70 dollars about 50 euro, so i could get a I3 for 500e,
When the mendelmax is 580 euro.

I will have to think about it tho, But ye, I kinda like Makerfarms due its so complete,
And since it has a screen included standard with a holder for it.

If you think the mendel is alot better please tell me, since 80 euro isnt that much of course.
June 14, 2013 11:08AM
I built a MendelMax less than a month ago, took me a couple nights to get the physical printer built, my first prints came out ok, but im still working on calibrating things here and there. I have a friend who's building a Prusa I2, and still hasn't completed it after a few weeks.

that is a first print from someone in the Mendel90 subforum, which is pretty good in my opinion, and from what I've read Nophead provides very clear instructions with the kit.

If I were to do it all over again, I would most likely get the Mendel90, but wouldn't be upset with a MendelMax 1.5. Prusa Mendel seems a lot more complicated, and for a little bit of extra cost, I think the ease of the build is worth it for either the MendelMax or Mendel90
June 14, 2013 11:14AM
Well please look up the Pursa I3 at MakerFarm.com,

It has been made alot more simple i think, (To build)
I2 might be a lill complicater, But i wont buy I2,

I also think I3 also will need less calibirating.

And well a few cents, they give a free screen and SD reader when i dont see alot others do that, and still that low price.
June 14, 2013 11:30AM
after a quick look t hte makerfarm i3, you will still need to buy glass, PSU, + the 2 week lead time, whereas I'm pretty sure Nophead's is ready to ship in a few days and comes with PSU. I had a 4 week lead time on my MendelMax parts, the wait is killer lol.

You'll be happy with whatever you purchase, ultimately it's up to you. I have little experience with i2 and mendel90 from work, and have only built a MendelMax 1.5 myself, so no experience with the i3 version.
June 14, 2013 11:50AM
Well at the end the PSU is like 30 euros,

Well i still aint realy sure to be honest :/
Its also he is asking 580 euro + VAT 20% So its already like 700 euro easly :/

Meh, Doubts..
June 14, 2013 12:58PM
im from US so I dont know anything about VAT, but I'm assuming their like taxes... i assumed on the 499eur price which is ~$670 which is comparable to the i3 makerfarm price but 700euro is definitely a lot more
June 14, 2013 01:29PM
Well compareable,
The makerfarm is aprox 450 euro, with shipping 500 euro aprox

The other one from england is 580 euro, with shipping probably 620-640 and then with taxes probably around 700 euro,

Well tho makerfarm still needs a PSU and glass and fillement,
But someone named Charlies 3D technologies is in Belgium, and has cheap shipping, so i probably will buy those things from him
Its due his printer is still the I2, doesnt has the rods, PSU, glass, fillement, thats why i lean more to the makerfarm side, even tho its america and i am afraid how the taxxes will turn out.

So long story short, I think the makerfarm is probably the best choice no?

Well the mendel seems also great, But more money, and you get a little less then Makerfarm (the LCD and SD reader)
thanks for the help guys ^^
June 14, 2013 02:15PM
Are you from US? I was able to source everything for my mendelmax build within the US and ended up paying around 800, but for an i2 you could probably pay a bit less if you tried sourcing everything within your country
June 14, 2013 02:42PM
Well thats why i am doing everything in Euros, Due i live in europe, to be more precise in Belgium.

I also dont think I2 is a great option, I am thinking more atm about the Mendel90 or Purse I3 (Probably MakerFarm.com )
June 17, 2013 12:16AM
Btw what would you guys advice as plastic?

I am thinking to buy ABS with it since it will come with a heat bed,
And PLA needs a fan, wich it doesnt have yet, So thats why i think to get first ABS, so if i want a fan, i can print the mount for one later on?

Or does it have alot of cons/hardniss
June 17, 2013 12:07PM
bumpie
June 17, 2013 12:27PM
Plastic type is something you are going to have to decide on your own as it is a preferential decision. i recommend doing some more research on your own before placing an order
June 17, 2013 05:00PM
luigi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Btw what would you guys advice as plastic?
>
> I am thinking to buy ABS with it since it will
> come with a heat bed,
> And PLA needs a fan, wich it doesnt have yet, So
> thats why i think to get first ABS, so if i want a
> fan, i can print the mount for one later on?
>
> Or does it have alot of cons/hardniss

ok i dont understand what your asking is it you want to print in abs first then pla or you want your parts made from abs?

if your deciding to print with abs, i would print with pla first as i am going to do before considering abs, and fans aint hard to come by i salvaged a couple from old bits and bats
June 18, 2013 06:10AM
Do you realy need a fan, or does it improve the quality?

Since i will need a bracket first obviously for the fan,
Or i would have to use my hands as bracket XD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login