Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

is there a parts list?can get a used reprap?any advice?

Posted by PutaZo_BMX 
is there a parts list?can get a used reprap?any advice?
June 12, 2013 05:45AM
ok so far the cheapest kit i seen is $500 but im not sure what i should watch out for or what a good place to order it from

i seen lots of parts on ebay but idk what parts to get im sure it would be cheaper to order parts, i seen a reprap for $300 but the price will go up for sure

anyway is there like a parts list i can look at to try and find all the parts?
or should i buy a kit?

im new to reprap but i messed with electronics,soldering,circuit boards, programming, and 3d software but i never messed with 3d printers before

what do you guys recommend?
i need to build some stuff about the size of an iphone and some tiny little gears
whats my options for a cheap reprap? and an accurate reprap?
Re: is there a parts list?can get a used reprap?any advice?
June 13, 2013 03:44PM
If your in the USA I would reccomend one of the kits from Maker Farm. I haven't actually bought their kit, but it's comprable in price to the one I bought from Canada and has some better parts from what I can see. I have ordered some other stuff from them though and the were good to deal with. They have some good reviews here on the form too.

[www.makerfarm.com]

If your looking to print small little gears, you might want to consider something like a rostock or something. From the pics I've seen they seem to print at a finer quality. But don't take my word for it. I'm on my first printer an Prusa i2 and am still working on being able printing finer things.

If you want to source the printer your self I hear you can save a $100 or a little more. It get's to be a pain though. I chose to by a kit so I am sure I got all the correct parts that fit together and didn't have to re order stuff. Here's an article about sourcing:

[blog.reprap.org]

Google reprap sourcing and there is a bunch there. I can't find the page now, but I heard of a guy doing it for $300, but he used some bulk buying with some other people.

I would reccomend going with a kit for your first one. After you understand more you can by indiviual parts to upgrade things or do what I'm doing and convert up. I'm converting my i2 to an i3 for about $80.
June 13, 2013 10:43PM
ok so pursa it is smileys with beer

whats the difference with i2 and i3 ?
June 14, 2013 06:03PM
[reprap.org]

It's all over design is better which leads to a more stable printer. It's also eaiser and quicker to build.

[noiserep.blogspot.com]

Six months ago when I bought my i2 kit it seemed slike there weren't so many i3 kits out there. Now there are plety. Maker Farm even has one. I would go i3 if I was picking today.

However, remember you wanted to print little gears. A delta printer like the rostock might be better for this. Ask arround and find out before making your decision.

Greg Frost is what I would consider to be one of the masters. He redesigned the extruder most of us use now. This is a gear he printed with I'm assuming a prusa. If it's quality satisfies you then I guess your OK with prusa then.

[www.thingiverse.com]
June 21, 2013 12:02PM
Well, did you order a printer?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login