Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gaps In Solid Fill

Posted by RunnerDuck 
Gaps In Solid Fill
June 11, 2013 08:52PM
I have a Printrbot LC + and have it dialed in really good. I can get very accurate, repeatable parts from it. But I have an issue with small gaps in the final fill layers.

I have it set up for three solid fills in the top layers but I'm getting small gaps around the edge of things like internal details and the outside edge.

Attached is a picture of my test piece. It's is 30mm X 20mm. It is a very difficult part to print and makes a good test/trouble shooting part.

Any ideas?
Attachments:
open | download - test-piece.jpg (42.6 KB)
Re: Gaps In Solid Fill
June 11, 2013 09:52PM
You have some backlash, which is why the circles aren't round, and that's probably at least a contributing factor in the infill not nearing the edges.
Check your pulleys and belts.

My blog [3dprinterhell.blogspot.com]
June 13, 2013 04:34PM
I changed the Filament Diameter setting and that took care of the gaps.

Also I've got some GT2 pulleys and belts on order which should resolve any backlash I'm experiencing.

Thanks for the comments.
June 17, 2013 10:07PM
What did you change the settings to? I'm experiencing a similar issue, that's got me stumped. Large parts fill in just fine. It's only the small parts.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20130617_203416.jpg (156.5 KB)
June 24, 2013 12:33PM
Kirkram, if your switching from printing PLA to ABS, you will propbalby have to recalibrate your extruder steps in your firware. From what I have read ABS feeds differently than PLA.

Both of you might want to take a look at Triffid's calibration guide. The E Steps Fine Tuning section is one I like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login