Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simplify3D jog controls bash past delta end stops?

Posted by dlc60 
Simplify3D jog controls bash past delta end stops?
August 09, 2017 03:46PM
This is a hard one to explain.

When I use either the jog controls or even send G code direct (G0 X0 Y0 Z250) using the communications command line, to move the hot end down off of the end stops, first the one or more of the tower sliders goes UP past the end stops a bit, then drops down. This stresses the belts and distresses me. This happens whether I use the jog console to home or send the G28 code directly from the command line in S3D. When a normal print starts this does not happen with S3D sliced models.
Why?
I am moving straight down from the "home" position (X and Y = 0), I _think_ that all of the towers are going up past the limits, I am not certain.
Pronterface doesn't do this when I use its jog controls and G code commands, why does S3D cause this?

I am using S3D 4.0, but this also happened in the previous version. What is going on with S3D?

I am running S3D (3.1 and 4.0), Cura 2.6.2 and Pronterface on a Windows 7 Pro box, 64 bit. My delta is a Folgertech Kossel 2020 running Marlin firmware, connected over USB that otherwise is an excellent printer.

Has anyone else seen this on a delta printer? One thought that occurs to me is: What if one or more of the towers has more steps to "home" than another? Could this cause it? And if so, why in S3D's "jog" buttons and not with Pronterface's jog buttons?

Any thoughts are appreciated!
DLC
Re: Simplify3D jog controls bash past delta end stops?
August 14, 2017 03:23PM
Your endstops are setup as MAX endstops correct? What does it report as the position when you've homed and issue an M119?
Re: Simplify3D jog controls bash past delta end stops?
August 14, 2017 05:35PM
FA-MAS
Your endstops are setup as MAX endstops correct? What does it report as the position when you've homed and issue an M119?

Correct. M119 reports the max Z value coded into the firmware.

Thanks,
DLC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login