Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New RepRapPro Mono - Only moves for a few seconds, then stops

Posted by bryancostanich 
New RepRapPro Mono - Only moves for a few seconds, then stops
November 29, 2013 04:20PM
Hey all,

I just finished building a Mono Mendel. All the wiring checked out, i double checked the readings on everything.

I'm now on the commissioning stage, and something is strange. If i reset my menzi, I can send movement commands (e.g. G1 Y10 F500) to it and they work for about the first ten seconds, and then it starts responding, as in, it will ignore my commands. I thought maybe the power supply was wonky, because it's making a slight rattling/buzzing noise, but I checked, and I'm getting just a little over 12v power to the board, so it seems fine.

Any ideas?

Also, the red LED on the board is blinking at me. no clue what that means, but usually red blinking lights are not a good sign.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2013 04:32PM by bryancostanich.
Re: New RepRapPro Mono - Only moves for a few seconds, then stops
November 29, 2013 04:24PM
GAH! i _thought_ i solved this. the pronterface downloaded from the reprap site works for a little longer. but then it fails just as with the github one.

not sure why that would be. i suspect it's quietly disconnecting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2013 04:28PM by bryancostanich.
November 29, 2013 04:39PM
More info:

i suspect that my power supply might be faulty. i can move the thing for a bit, and then my power supply gets noticeably louder, as if it's taking more load, then things no longer work.
November 29, 2013 04:54PM
Ok, i think it's a software issue. when it stops working, if i hit 'Disconnect," wait a few seconds, and then reconnect, it responds for a little while longer.
November 29, 2013 05:12PM
Ok, i found a reliable workaround. If i connect to the TTY interface, as opposed to the CU interface (as it says in the wiki), when it starts acting up, i can click disconnect and immediately reconnect and it works.

if i try the CU interface, the disconnect/reconnect trick doesn't work so well because it often won't reconnect and i have to restart the app.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login