Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed temperature mismatch

Posted by CraigRK 
Bed temperature mismatch
March 26, 2012 03:29PM
Hi all,

On the weekend I successfully got my Mendel printing (see my blog if you're interested).

I did however note that I was struggling to get the bed to reach 110C.

I bought a multimeter which does temperature readings and noted that the bed was much higher than Pronterface (or the Sprinter firmware) was declaring. I am using an EPCOS 100k thermistor supplied by Think3DPrint3D and chose that (6) in the Sprinter firmware (I have the latest version committed by Kliment 8 days ago - 7d45ae9ecf) config.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[blogger.kritzinger.net]
Re: Bed temperature mismatch
March 28, 2012 06:08PM
Hi Craig

Sorry to hear about the thermistor issue, you are using the correct thermistor table if its set to 6 in firmware. Its worth while checking the resistance of the entire thermistor setup including the crimp terminals to see if you are close to 100K at room temperature. If not then i could be the connections or the thermistor. let us know how you get on and we will post another thermistor if this one is wrong.

Tony
T3P3
Re: Bed temperature mismatch
April 08, 2012 10:22AM
For closure I thought I would point out that I am pretty sure the discrepancies are due to either having the incorrect thermistor table loaded, or that the variance in the thermistors I have tried are at the extreme of the design tolerance.

Either way, I have remedied the problem by creating my own thermistor tables as documented in my blog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login