Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When moving only x axis, y axis moves with it.

Posted by methesoul 
When moving only x axis, y axis moves with it.
February 09, 2018 12:05PM
So today i finished assembling the corexy printer(Hypercube evolution) and all the electronics. I am using ramps 1.4. Corexy is activated in marlin. But when i only move x-axis then y-axis moved with it. I thought the problem lies in the tension of the belt. But it is not too tight and not too sloopy. So, it's not the porblem. The frame is rock solid with 30x30 extrusion. What did you guys do to solve this problem?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 12:07PM by methesoul.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (65.6 KB)
Re: When moving only x axis, y axis moves with it.
February 09, 2018 01:13PM
Take a look at this: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com.br]

The firmware syntax s specific to smoothieware, but the concepts of setting motor direction and homing apply to any corexy machine.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
February 09, 2018 02:02PM
Here is a video where I explain the problem.
[www.youtube.com]
February 09, 2018 04:13PM
After some debuging I found out that x stepper motor is rotating faster than y stepper motor. Any body knows why could it be so?
February 09, 2018 04:47PM
Perhaps you have different X and Y steps/mm or different microstep settings configured?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 09, 2018 05:07PM
@dc42
Hi, thanks for the reply. You can see the configuration.h file that both of the x and y steps/mm are 100. And on both stepper motor I use same stepper driver A4988. On both of the driver the jumpers wire are plugged. Is there any where I should be looking at?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 05:15PM by methesoul.
February 09, 2018 05:45PM
I can't rely help any further as I use neither RAMPS nor Marlin firmware. But I expect someone else will be able to help you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 05:46PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 09, 2018 10:02PM
I had a new ramps as a spare. I replace the ramps and it started working correctly. The old was somehow defekt. I scavenged it from my old 3d printer. It was working perfectly with my old i3 prusa but on corexy it didnot. But
February 10, 2018 02:09AM
It sound like one of your micro stepping jumpers is loose or has a bad solder joint.
February 10, 2018 11:22AM
Make sure you don't have some sort of config override of the step/mm set.

Also, verify that the pulleys on the motors have the same number of teeth. Someone posted about this same type of problem a while back and had a 16 tooth pulley on one motor and a 20 tooth pulley on the other.

February 12, 2018 03:32AM
Hi thanks for the reply guys. As i said before, it was the fault of the ramps. I used the new one it is working perfectly. On both sides the pulley are of same tooth (20 tooth pulley).
February 12, 2018 09:33AM
IRIC, you can store settings in EEPROM in A/R hardware. Maybe you had a setting in EEPROM that was overriding the config setting. People often use the EEPROM when they are first setting up a printer and then forget that the setting is there.

September 11, 2022 10:26AM
IK it's a very very late reply but typing this hoping some visitor may find it helpful.
I had the exact same problem with ramps 1.4 and TMC 2209 drivers.
Some recommend that one needs to cut the pins of microstepping but I hadn't and just had bent them such that I can use the driver. I tried UART but it didn't work so ran a few prints with full step.

Later when I used the TMC2209s in standalone, I put all 3 jumpers for1/16 step and had this issue of double axis motion.

The solution is unbelievably simple!
Just put the bent ms pins of TMC and plug it on to board like you would put A4988 aaaaand DONE!
(If you were brave enough to cut the pins off driver, just solder them back)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login