Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to tune my CORE XY

Posted by brand0drag0 
Trying to tune my CORE XY
February 06, 2018 12:31AM
I have a really great CORE XY build but it is just a little bit off on this calibration cube. What do I adjust to get this dialed in. One of my axis is dead on 30mm and the opposing axis is off. Do I need to adjust the steps per mm of my core xy motors ? I have tried adjust extrusion and scale compensation but it appears to be an issue specifically with just one of the axis. Any light anyone can shed on how to deal with this would be great!

I can post any information you want about my build.

24V System
Panucatt Azteeg X5 PRO
TMC-2100 Stepper Drivers
Oriental .9 Degree .85A Motors
Repetier Firmware

It prints so good but I just want it to be dimensionally accurate.

Best,

brand0drag0
Re: Trying to tune my CORE XY
February 06, 2018 02:38AM
Don't use a digital caliper but a regular one. Figures will look a lot better. smiling smiley

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
February 06, 2018 02:43AM
Which mode do the TMC2100 drivers use? Stealthchop is known to skip steps, which is AFAIK the default mode. There are newer versions of the driver than I'm used to use, so maybe they already run in Spreadcycle mode?

Equal belt tension is also something to check. For my D-Bot I've found a method to stretch them equally, maybe that works with othe CoreXY carriers too? Can you show me a picture of your hotend-carrier?
February 06, 2018 09:13AM
Have you verified that the axes are square? A slight error in squareness can cause small errors in dimensions like that. It may just be a matter of tweaking belt tension.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
February 06, 2018 12:47PM
Yeah the TMC2100 are running in spread cycle. The belts were last balanced a month ago using a Gates Digital Belt Guage.. Both are around 42hz. I can check it again. Do I need to address this in the firmware?

Best,

Brandon
February 07, 2018 02:32AM
Pretty neat idea to use a guitar-tuner for belt tension testing. They are around 10$...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login