Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High Quality CoreXY Build Help needed with components

Posted by rikesh942010 
High Quality CoreXY Build Help needed with components
July 13, 2017 05:22AM
Hi Everyone,

I want to build a high quality sturdy Core XY machine. I have a budget of around £1500.00 and only need a Bed size of about 30x30x30mm. Does anyone know of a setup that will allow me to build something with this budget.

The parts have to be all high quality and solid I am mainly looking to go for Linear rails instead of Rod but I am not sure about the Motors and the frame.
Re: High Quality CoreXY Build Help needed with components
July 13, 2017 11:43PM
For a bed size of only 30mm x 30mm I would look at an SLS / SLA setup. You will get much better detail than any FDM machine currently on the market. You can pick up a basic SLA machine off aliexpress for about half your budget

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2017 11:44PM by scottybfg.
July 20, 2017 01:38AM
hi rikesh, 300x300x300 needs quite beefy extrusion and rods/rails, and quite a lot of design care and analysis. it's quite ambitious for a first build! can i recommend that you start with something really really cheap-and-cheerful, just to get a feel for what's involved? then apart from anything you'll have a backup printer in-house on which you can print spare parts or use it for emergency repairs. i don't feel comfortable these days unless i have *two* cheap-and-cheerful backups smiling smiley

basically you have quite a lot of research to do, and it would be helpful if you could write out what you've looked at and investigated so far. then you will find that people will be much more willing to engage with you. this is pretty much par for the course on any highly-technical forum or mailing list (and has been standard advice for... decades). show willing, show enthusiasm, and don't make people do your work for you, in other words! good luck, look forward to hearing what you've researched so far.
July 20, 2017 03:57AM
Assuming you really meant 30cm not 30mm, this design [www.thingiverse.com] has a print volume of 25x25x25 and claims to be easily upgradable to 30x30x30.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 20, 2017 10:16AM
How about something like this?

See: [forums.reprap.org]

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
July 22, 2017 11:01AM
I would do the Jetguy build:

[groups.google.com]

Read the whole thread and you will find the details a pictures of the build.

I'm still working on a modified version. If I had it to do over I would just copy Jetguy's "as is" and be done.
September 05, 2017 04:36AM
Add Duet with extension board, silicone heater and SSR, cable chains, and a third lead screw/stepper to this design and you've probably ate most of you budget.

Thingverse Core XY
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login