Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shifting print

Posted by anvoice 
Shifting print
February 07, 2017 05:10PM
Hi,
My coreXY is finally printing, but experiencing some shifting that makes the prints essentially unrecognizable. I've attached a picture of the first layer of what should be a calibration cube. It prints the perimeters more or less reasonably (although there is a gap between the top and left lines), but the infill looks totally bizarre as it's shifted away from the square. Any idea what might be causing this? I've successfully managed to print something similar before, but after a bunch of tweaking this is now the result.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
open | download - a.jpg (549.7 KB)
Re: Shifting print
February 07, 2017 05:46PM
Assuming you have checked for obvious mechanical problems and found none, the fact that it shifted when it transitioned from printing the outline, which uses both motors, to the infill, which uses a single motor, suggests that you're trying to print too fast for your motors and/or have the acceleration and/or jerk set too high. You might be able to get a little more torque out of the motors by tweaking the current a little and/or raising the power supply voltage, but I suspect you're going to have to adjust your expectations about print speed and start cutting back acceleration and jerk.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: Shifting print
February 07, 2017 10:38PM
Turns out it was (yet again) a faulty stepper driver. Switched it out and now I'm printing. Thanks for the help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login