Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setting up Core XY and Duet Wifi

Posted by [email protected] 
Setting up Core XY and Duet Wifi
November 25, 2016 10:17AM
I've been working hard at setting up my printer and had it working a few days ago,but prints were inverted. The harder I have tried to remedy this, the further I get away from a solution. I have the correct motor movements i.e. G1 S2 X10 moves X to the right and and Y towards the back( forward). G1 S2 Y10 Moves X to left and Y towards the back. Right now, I can't get X or Y to go to an endstop w/ my homing files and quite frankly, I've become quite confused as to what's going on.My Y endstop is in the rear,but I want to home to front left Some please take a look at my files. Thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (3.7 KB)
open | download - Homeall .g (1.6 KB)
open | download - homex.g (105 bytes)
open | download - Homey .g (110 bytes)
open | download - homez.g (57 bytes)
Re: Setting up Core XY and Duet Wifi
November 25, 2016 02:34PM
If you have the Y endstop switch at the rear and the X endstop switch on the left, then you must home to rear left. The X=0 Y=0 position can still be front left. You can have the head move to front left after a home all if you wish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2016 05:40PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 25, 2016 05:14PM
I had the same problem but on ramps/marlin, and i solved by switching X/Y motor connections.

CoreXY, prints are inverted on one axis
November 25, 2016 05:52PM
[email protected]
I've been working hard at setting up my printer and had it working a few days ago,but prints were inverted. The harder I have tried to remedy this, the further I get away from a solution. I have the correct motor movements i.e. G1 S2 X10 moves X to the right and and Y towards the back( forward). G1 S2 Y10 Moves X to left and Y towards the back. Right now, I can't get X or Y to go to an endstop w/ my homing files and quite frankly, I've become quite confused as to what's going on.My Y endstop is in the rear,but I want to home to front left Some please take a look at my files. Thanks.

I'm sorry, I can't read your gcode files at present because I have no access to a computer and I haven't found a way of making my tablet allow me to view downloaded .g files as text files.

First make sure that when you jog the axes in the web interface, +X moves to the right and +Y moves towards the back.

Next, use either the Machine Status page of the web interface or the M119 command to make sure that your homing switches are triggered when they should be and not otherwise.

Then concentrate on X axis homing. The homex.g file shown at [duet3d.com] should be suitable.

When you have got that working, we can look at Y homing.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login