Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V-Slot CoreXY Printer

Posted by TheBoilingDumpling 
V-Slot CoreXY Printer
December 30, 2014 07:10PM
Hello RepRap Forums, here is my V-Slot CoreXY. My model is inspired off of these great printers: [forums.reprap.org], [forums.reprap.org] and [www.fabric8r.com]. This printer is a school project that will last for the whole year. I am now confident to share my model to get any other thoughts on it. If you see anything occurring that will render my printer not functional, please post it. Ill be posting photos because the file is too large, if any of you know how to attach large files, please let me know! All of your constructive criticism allowed!
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.PNG (54.3 KB)
open | download - Capture1.PNG (58.4 KB)
open | download - Capture2.PNG (70.4 KB)
open | download - Capture3.PNG (69.3 KB)
open | download - Capture4.PNG (71.7 KB)
open | download - Capture5.PNG (72.7 KB)
open | download - Capture6.PNG (276.7 KB)
open | download - Capture8.PNG (231.9 KB)
open | download - Capture9.PNG (242.5 KB)
open | download - Capture10.PNG (263.6 KB)
Re: V-Slot CoreXY Printer
December 30, 2014 09:56PM
I forgot to add the Z-Motor holder and the belt tensionner. Here are some more pictures.
Attachments:
open | download - Capture12.PNG (342.1 KB)
open | download - Capture13.PNG (239.3 KB)
December 31, 2014 08:30AM
TheBoilingDumpling
Hello RepRap Forums, here is my V-Slot CoreXY. My model is inspired off of these great printers: [forums.reprap.org], [forums.reprap.org] and [www.fabric8r.com]. This printer is a school project that will last for the whole year. I am now confident to share my model to get any other thoughts on it. If you see anything occurring that will render my printer not functional, please post it. Ill be posting photos because the file is too large, if any of you know how to attach large files, please let me know! All of your constructive criticism allowed!
It looks nice but I'm not too sure about the Z axis - I think it will be prone to flexing because the bearings do not have much separation in Z. I would use a single Z guide on each side but have the two pairs of bearings separated by 100 mm or so. The X axis is the same - a bit more separation between the bearings would stiffen it up considerably.
January 01, 2015 02:03AM
What do you think about using a plate on the other side too? Do you think it would stiffen the assembly more because the screws will have more stability?
January 03, 2015 09:29AM
I'm not sure what you mean. basically what I'm suggesting is that the pairs of V groove bearings should be separated along the axis as much as reasonably possible to improve stiffness.
January 05, 2015 01:17AM
Ah, nevermind, I had the wrong idea.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login