Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CoreXY and Duet+RepRapFirmware

Posted by UkIan 
CoreXY and Duet+RepRapFirmware
October 01, 2014 09:49AM
Does anyone know if the Duet board (runs RepRapFirmware only afaik) supports CoreXY? I'm still thinking about the next printer, and CoreXY/H-Bot looks elegant.

Thanks
Re: CoreXY and Duet+RepRapFirmware
October 01, 2014 10:16AM
RepRapFirmware doesn't support CoreXY yet. But modifying it to support CoreXY should be a lot easier than the modifications to support delta, which I plan to do in November.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 01, 2014 11:02AM
Excellent, that leaves you all October to do CoreXY winking smiley

We just need someone to send you a CoreXY printer and we're good to go grinning smiley
October 02, 2014 01:26PM
I'm actually working on implementing coreXY in the RepRapFirmware as well and I think I've got it working. I'm currently printing / ordering the parts for my new printer and will be assembling in the next few weeks. So far I've been able to test with just steppers connected to the duet board and moves seem to be correct based on what you would expect for coreXY.

I've anyone has a printer built I'd be willing to share it with them I just can't say if it'll work for sure or not yet since I haven't had the chance to properly test it.
January 27, 2015 05:02PM
Any news on corexy support in the Duet?
January 27, 2015 06:49PM
I have just about finished implementing delta support in RepRapFirmware. As well as myself, two other Delta printer owners are using it. My fork is at [github.com]. It supports Cartesian printers as well as deltas.

My fork supports the PanelDue TFT control panel, as well as the usual web and USB interfaces. There is a list of differences from the base RepRapPro 0.78c firmware at [github.com].

It would be good to have a source tree that supports all three of Cartesian, Delta and CoreXY. Unfortunately I do not have a CoreXY printer, otherwise I would add the support myself. Perhaps Marty56 can contribute his code?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login