Print at an angle

Posted by Poldek 
Print at an angle
August 24, 2014 04:39AM
Hi,

I have corexy system:

But I have some problems.

I get prints at an angle as you can see on below pictures:

I don't know why? Please help me how can I resolve this problem.
Re: Print at an angle
August 24, 2014 05:02PM
Can it be that one of the two pulleys on the motors is slipping on the motor?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
August 25, 2014 09:00AM
For me the problem is simplier.
Sorry to say that to you but your belt path is wrong.

The blue belt path is not perpendicular to the red belt path, and all red belt path are not parallele. So at each movement you constrain your belt lenght to "cos alpha", and so you "modify" the absolute coordonate at each layer.

Regards
August 25, 2014 12:27PM
Zelogik thank you for your answer. I will repair that. And how is with outer belt (left and right) which you didn't mark it. It have to be parallel too?
August 25, 2014 02:41PM
No it's only an aesthetics problem for the outside belt. So not really important for your problem :-)
October 07, 2014 07:21PM
It seem to me that poldek have tightening problem in one belt, meaning that backlash exist. Perpendicularity of the belts should not be important (it is symmetrical for first and second belt).
Different tightening (meaning small difference in length) have ending effect that motor from more tighten side could "still" the steps...
October 08, 2014 04:11AM
More to the point, the belt paths between a fixed point and a carriage must be exactly parallel to the carriage motion. So yes, this means that the red and blue belts as indicated will be perpendicular, but it's more important that the belts are parallel to the direction of motion that they're actuating.

If parallelism is not achieved then belt tension will change as the carriage moves; it should be obvious why that is bad if you think about it for a second.

Belts between two fixed points can be in any old direction, because the relationship between those points does not change.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login