Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Atfer Hbot, go to CoreXY.

Posted by zelogik 
Re: Atfer Hbot, go to CoreXY.
June 14, 2016 09:52PM
Zerginator
I am working on a customised version of jands printer since some time.
Here are some pictures of the current status:

I see you've got the top of the leadscrews fixed in bearings.

Aren't they supposed to be fixed at the bottom and on the build plate platform but unattached at the top?
November 20, 2016 06:09AM
Zelogik,

I know that this is a bit late in the thread - but in the original drawings for the aluminium parts, you don't give the thickness for the aluminium plates. I would estimate that they are about 2mm thick, but it would be nice to know exactly!

Many thanks,
David
November 21, 2016 10:08AM
Hi David,

No It's not too late.

Normally (If I remember right), the tickness is not really important, you can use 2 to 5mm, the only things to change is the length of the bolts. And you need that ALL parts (or at least top or/and bottom) have the same thickness.

you just need to check if you can put a Countersunk head and that screws are smooth/flat/flush, for the top fixation

Regards
ie: I think, I used 3mm thick aluminiuml plate
November 21, 2016 11:05AM
Many thanks!

I suspected that the thickness wasn't critical, but I wanted to check. Good point about the countersunk holes...

I have actually built the G&C CoreXY designed by Filipe Campos (based on your design, but in plastic) but now I'm thinking of changing parts over to aluminium, mostly so that I can fit Igus bearings. It's very hard to make holes with the correct dimensions for those bearings in printed parts. I also like working in metal!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 11:10AM by David J.
May 07, 2017 05:05PM
Hi, Zelogik:
First of all, congratulations for your great design. I'm impressed by the elegance and simplicity of the parts, that in my opinion shows good knowledge in mechanical design and also good taste. I like your design because is very near my own style.
I wonder if after some years with the printer you have some advices or conclusions about the core XY mechanism, and why not about the entire project.
I'm working in a very compact printer and is my intention study and perhaps directly create my printer based in your desing. I want to create a machine with a 200x200 printing área with a whole dimension not greater than 250x250mm.
K.R.

Paranoid.
Spain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login