Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parts wanted for Wade Extruder

Posted by MetalButcher 
Parts wanted for Wade Extruder
August 19, 2011 05:36PM
Hi all, I've been following the RepRap project for a little bit now, and have played with and built a DIY cnc machine made from water pipe, controlled with EMC2... Is there anyone in West MD that'd be willing to print me the pieces for a Wade Extruder so I can swap my dremel head machine out? I have plenty of machine tools, lathe, milling machine, shaper etc. but making those gears out of steel would be pretty challenging (for me) on my old iron.

Perhaps a deal could be worked out?
Re: Parts wanted for Wade Extruder
August 28, 2011 12:02PM
This post is off the popular track so you might not get a lot of responses. Since you can work in metal, you might be interested to know that I built a 'wades' style extruder using the std wades gears but everything else is made from metal. Like skate bearings in side a 1" square tube holding the 5/16" shaft that has been hobbed and another skate bearing loaded against the filiment. All using stock steel from a home center welded to a steel plate. Very solid setup with no issue with temperature, distortion or breakage. Its also fun to come up with your own design. I also started out with wooden gears but now using ones that I printed. I'm also in MD.
August 28, 2011 09:30PM
Hi Dean, thanks for the response. After no reply, I bit the bullet and bought one off of ebay. I grabbed a teflon rod from McMaster Carr and some kapton tape. Since the motor controller I have doesn't have a port for an extruder controller, I figure I'll just build one from an Arduino I have. Thanks for the encouragement, I'm in Western MD, near Hagerstown.
October 02, 2011 07:41PM
Hi-

I work near Hagerstown every day and would love to get together with someone else interested in Reprap! I'm taking some time off of my build to work on a CNC kit I recently purchased from a Kickstarter project, but could bring my build along with the new parts I would like to add and we could work together-

Let me know or PM me... I'm on here just about every day...
December 02, 2011 02:32AM
Nathan,

I'm in the relative area to you. Boyds, MD. I'm pretty active in the community and headed up some of the first US RepRap build classes. Check me out on my blog (digifabindustries.blogspot.com).

I'm always looking for other RepRappers in the area (or helping to create some more). Let me know if you need any help, I've also got a decent amount of excess inventory from the workshops (electronics, motors, hot-ends, etc.).

Keep your eyes posted on this group, I'm going to try an revive the local RUG.

- Anderson Ta
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login