Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap in Maryland

Posted by Morten S. K 
Reprap in Maryland
July 21, 2009 03:07PM
Hi everybody,

I recently came across this wonderful idea and I am very interested in getting started making a RepRap. I've read quite a bit of the material on the site but I'm still not sure how to get going.
I guess I need some parts from another reprap builder right? Can anybody point me in the right direction!

Thanks a bunch!
Morten
Re: Reprap in Maryland
February 01, 2010 09:48AM
I'm looking for the same thing.let me know if you find it
February 01, 2010 04:24PM
Yes this sounds good. Get the first one going. I am very good at building precision things out of hardwood. I do it all by hand with the exception of drilled holes. Until the first one is made and I cannot afford the aluminum built up parts. The wooden parts will be epoxy coated so as to not absorb moisture thus no warping in moisture changes. Interested?

Once the first one is built then on to replication.
July 21, 2010 01:32AM
I've actually been looking for people to get a RepRap collaboration going. I just recently assembled a MakerBot Cupcake from MakerBot Industries. I was planning on printing out some Mendel's/mini-Mendels. Maybe we cold coordinate something with everyone?

Where is everyone in the MD area?
July 21, 2010 11:14PM
Can anybody point me in the right direction!
Yup. This thread has been moved to the Baltimore/Wash. DC (and environs) RUG forum-mailing list.

Good luck.smiling bouncing smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login