Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

March 21st meeting to work on HacDC's Darwin

Posted by BDolge 
March 21st meeting to work on HacDC's Darwin
February 25, 2009 11:50PM
The HacDC sponsored RepRap build was a huge success with lots of positive feedback and lots accomplished. The actual Darwin machine purchased by HacDC was about 1/3 - 1/2 assembled when last I saw it Sunday.

After long and in depth negotiations with the Dark Overlords of HacDC I have gotten permission for our group to venture into the secret lair and work on the Darwin on the 21st of March on our usual Saturday afternoon 12-4. At this point I don't know what we will be doing with the machine, maybe finishing assembly, maybe tuning the software to get it printing, maybe just printing stuff. I will be getting that kind of info closer to the date, but whatever it is it will be new stuff to most of us. This is a BfB acrylic Darwin with the newest electronics and a new pinch wheel extruder so there's definitely something for everybody to learn from. The meeting place will be the HacDC lab space, directions are here: [hacdc.org] (down and to the left) or I will be mailing out details later along with details of what to expect in the way of activities. See you there!
Re: March 21st meeting to work on HacDC's Darwin
March 12, 2009 01:16AM
My understanding from the HacDC overlords is that their Darwin is about 2/3rds assembled, so we should probably plan on doing assembly and tuning/adjusting to get this thing up and running. Maybe we can print a minimug!

The address is 1525 Newton St NW,
(Near corner of 16th and Newton NW)

Driving Directions: Take your best route to the DC beltway-
Take exit 30 towards Silver Spring
Stay on Colesville Rd
at the 16th St/390 intersection take the 16th St exit (16th St NW towards town)
the St Stephen Church (a clever front group for HacDC) is on the left after the small park.
Use the red side doors.

Here's Google Maps:
[maps.google.com]

and the HacDC page:
[hacdc.org]

So let's get together and actually build stuff!!
Brian D
Re: March 21st meeting to work on HacDC's Darwin
March 17, 2009 05:10PM
To summarize:
Who-
You, I hope. Me. Some folks from HacDC and surrounding territory, maybe.
What-
We'll be getting together to spread the good word about RepRap and trying to finish work on the HacDC Darwin machine, so we can claim yet another working machine in the metro area, and the first publicly available!
When-
Saturday March 21st, Noon- 4 pm
Where-
HacDC's secret high altitude lair on the top floor of St. Stephen and the Incarnation Church. Address: 1525 Newton St NW, Washington DC 20010 USA
(Near corner of 16th and Newton NW) Use the Red doors on the 16th St. side. Follow the signs. Knock 3 times, ask for Moe.
Why-
It'll be Fun!!
How-
With our bare hands and frighteningly powerful intellects for the most part, I plan to bring a few tools. Probably fueled by caffeine and junk food. You know, the usual.

My 7th grade journalism teacher would be so proud. If she wasn't dead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login