Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New operation principle for a 3d printer to make it cheaper.

Posted by Tarakan 
New operation principle for a 3d printer to make it cheaper.
May 25, 2013 02:07PM
Hello.
I would like to know if there are any people in the Washington DC / Baltimore area that develop open source 3D printers.
I have an idea of how to make a very precise 3D printer very cheaply, but I want to know more about the control algorithms and electronics that are involved in this process.

Arduino - C++ - some stepper motor controllers.

I want to learn more about the open-source approach to 3D printing.

What kind of software is used to enter coefficients to determine a distance of travel per 1 step of the stepper motor?

Is there a group of enthusiasts who develop RepRap in Baltimore&DC area?
I live in Frederick MD.

--
What do heated beds do for the printing process?
Can 3D printing be effected by household dust and other pollutants?
Are there any good articles that describe how the extruder nozzle should be fed to make it release the most geometrically fit bead of hot plastic?

--
I have a number of ways I can improve the 3D printer, I feel. I don't want people to take advantage of my ideas as their intellectual property. I want to hand it to the masses. And of course I want to discuss those ideas with 3D printing gurus in the first place to make sure they are even worth being built.

One idea has to do with making circuit boards and mounting electronics on them.
Another idea has to do with making the machine more accurate for some classes of work.
The third idea is about making the cheap version of the machine for more poor societies where precision parts are mostly post-consumer.

Thank you.
Vladimir Tolskiy.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2013 10:51PM by Tarakan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login