Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Revive the RUG

Posted by digiFAB 
Re: Revive the RUG
April 26, 2012 09:38PM
Any meeting take place? I'm in Arlington, am considering taking the plunge with a RepRap, and am interested in meeting/checking out projects if anyone is interested. -Doug (dougmac13/at/yahoo/dot/com).
April 26, 2012 10:13PM
I think Anderson (digifab) has been going to HacDC which is very close to you. We haven't found a place near Germantown, MD yet.
June 29, 2012 05:44PM
Ok, I've searched long enough and come up empty at a place near my home. BUT luckily I've become a member of HacDC and I am going to start holding 3D printer users groups meetings there.

I'd like to host them on a Saturday, in hopes that as many people could come out then as opposed to sometime during the week. Let's start off just once a month? Say start at 12 (noon)? I'd be able to start as soon as possible, how does next Saturday (July 7th) sound for folks? Short notice so we can push back another week or two?

Visit HacDC.org and get the scoop for the address and what we're all about at the space! And feel free to visit on non-3D printer related days (especially Monday and Thursday nights!)

- Anderson Ta

digifabindustries.blogspot.com
July 10, 2012 11:59AM
No takers? Too little too late?

- Anderson Ta

July 10, 2012 08:07PM
Weekends are usually not good for me while the weather is warm. smiling smiley
August 08, 2012 12:02AM
I finally received my PrintrBot parts and started assembling the base. The laser-cut wood parts needed some adjustment, and there aren't any good assembly instructions, so I have work from videos that don't provide a clear view of the entire process. Parts that were supposed to be reversible, didn't seem to line up, and it's been a little frustrating to watch the video, attach the part wrong, and see the guy go back and fix his mistake (someone needs to go back and edit the videos).

I'm missing a plastic part, so I'm stuck assembling the extruder.

The build info points to the extruder parts here:
[www.thingiverse.com]

But they don't match the large and small gears with a herringbone pattern that I was supposed to receive. I need a small herringbone gear or I need the standard large and small extruder gears.

I think I'm about to the point where it'd be worth meeting up -- especially if someone with an assembled printer wouldn't mind helping with the last few steps. Once my printer is operational, I'd like to build another with my own printed parts.

I'm South of Rockville, near 495 & 270.

-Scott
August 08, 2012 12:49AM
Scott,

HacDC...either this Thursday or the coming Monday (I'm usually there at least those two days every week). Bring you, your bot and whatever questions you got. We will figure it out.

As for the missing pieces, I can print you whatever extruder you want. If you want to use the parts you have noq, that's fine...if you want a whole new extruder, that's fine too. Let me know what you want and we'll go from there.

- Andy

- Anderson Ta

August 31, 2012 10:26AM
Hello,

Living in Northern Virginia (Stafford.) If you guys ever hold a meetup I'd love to go.

I've owned a Printrbot since before all the STL files were even released. Had a good fellow print the ones available at the time for me and then the rest of them when they were available and I put it all together from pictures of the finished product on Flickr. haha

Currently switching out the RAMPS for a Sanguinololu 1.3b board from reprap.me and planning on expanding the X/Y build space as far as possible in the nearish future.
August 31, 2012 01:20PM
Why change RAMPS to Sanguinololu?
August 31, 2012 03:57PM
Hey brnrd,

It isn't that I prefer one over the other. Ever since purchasing RAMPS I've been having trouble getting Sprinter to upload to it. No compilation errors. The idle LED will blink once and then nothing until Arduino gives up and gives me a timed-out error. When it works properly the LED will blink once, pause, then blink rigorously and finish up in seconds. At first I was able to work through the problem simply by unplugging the USB from the computer for a few seconds and hitting the reset button on the board a few times before attempting each upload and now it wont work at all. The a-b connector fits a little loose in the boards plug so I tried changing that out with three different cables to no avail. Finally gave up and now I'm working on compilation errors with this 1.3b board. haha
August 31, 2012 04:19PM
Did you try uploading the fw to the Arduino Megaby itself (without the RAMPS shield) and without applying external 12V power? Which Arduino Mega do you have?
August 31, 2012 05:50PM
Hey that's a good suggestion. I've tried it with and without the PSU attached, but trying it after detaching RAMPS never occurred to me.

It's a 2560 with Polulu A4988 Steppers and RAMPS 1.4

Thanks for the tip! Glad to see that we have some real RepRap experts in the DC area.
February 16, 2014 09:20PM
I guess a lot has happened in two years. I've moved to Seattle, and just unpacked my Mendel. Seems to be in decent working order aside from a clogged nozzle. Hope you RepRappers back in Maryland are doing well. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login