Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Garner, NC

Posted by degroof 
Garner, NC
November 08, 2007 10:21AM
I'm in Garner. So far, I've got the bulk of the electronics ironed out and I've collected most of the off-the-shelf hardware. Taking a bit of a break while the custom hardware pieces become more widely available.
Joel Nackman
Chapel Hill, NC
November 11, 2007 07:18PM
My friend and I are building one in Chapel Hill. We've got the electronics done, but are also waiting on the RP'ed parts to be sold on the store. We also still need to get the other hardware together.
Re: Garner, NC
December 03, 2007 06:14PM
I'm in Cary. Been rather lazy. I haven't done anything smiling smiley When I think I have enough money to be committed, I'll probably start on the electronics and do a McWire bot, but I'm still not sure.
December 30, 2007 09:41PM
i'm kinda in the middle of where this group is and the DC one (blacksburg, va), but if you ever have a meeting please let me know :-)
Anonymous User
January 27, 2008 09:40PM
Durham checking in. I've only been studying so far, but I'm about to start on the electronics. My current plan is to go with a McWire bot and dual arduino boards. Suggestions are welcome. smiling smiley

Steve, I enjoyed reading your blog (even before I realized your were local). I'm interested to hear how your work with HDPE goes!

-darren
February 18, 2009 06:23PM
Would anyone here be willing to print me a set of parts for a darwin(direct drive extruder)? I'm in north Raleigh, and have collected almost everything but the printed parts. I'm willing to pay for materials, and plan to produce sets of parts for some friends once I've completed my machine.

Thanks,
Thomas Deal
September 06, 2009 09:01AM
Hi there,

Nice to see that I am not alone in NC. I am located in High Point, I was wondering how many of you have one operational and just like Thomas. I wanted to print the parts for the mendel II - I am working as of right now on a bot just like the Mcwire - Difference I have some parts from older printers- so I could use them to get a cartesian bot and steppers up and running.

My other question would be - does anyone know where to get the PCB for stepper controllers v2.3 made at a reasonable price - or if you guys are not to that point yet we could all order a batch together and save a whole lot.

Please let me know.
April 21, 2010 10:37AM
Hi All,

I realize it's been forever since the last post here, but this seems like the right thread for this.

Shortly after my post here last year, Steve sold me his complete machine, which had some quirks (the y-axis was a bit unreliable (Steve: your belts were just too tight, I loosened them slightly and it worked great!), among other things), and I worked on-and-off with it to get it almost completely functional. All the axes now move properly, and it's been upgraded to the first rev of the Arduino-based electronics, with a Sanguino+breakout at the core. The extruder had to be rebuilt to do that, and it's never quite worked perfectly, but other than that the machine works great. However, I no longer have the time to work with it, and need to free up the space.

The extruder is the direct screw-drive variation, not the newer stepper-based ones.

The last time i had it powered on, it would print a small test cube, as long as you watched it closely, but the extruder leaks a little, so the extrusion rate isn't quite as fixed as it ought to be.

So, if anybody is interested in an almost-perfect Sanguino-based Darwin, and my full spool of ABS (slightly less than a full 5lb), let me know, and I'll gladly send this machine on to yet another new home :-)

I'm willing to drive anywhere within an hour or two of Raleigh.
May 06, 2010 07:05PM
*bump* Still looking for a home for this....
May 07, 2010 12:28PM
I would be interested. Can you contact me off list?
May 10, 2010 02:08PM
Okay, now that I have gotten past account-creation nightmares and finally got a working account, I can clarify a little for ThomasDeal.

I originally posted as Tobangel, but that account seems to want to not work, so ...

I am interested, Mr. ThomasDeal, so please, can we arrange to hook up on this somehow? I live in Cary so I think I fit your criteria :-).

Thanks

Tobangel and Ybot
September 05, 2012 11:39PM
I would be interested in meeting up! I'm in the Apex area. Please contact me off the list.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login