Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Winston-Salem RepRap Group

Posted by spacexula 
Winston-Salem RepRap Group
November 28, 2009 12:55AM
I will be receiving a Makerbot kit within the month. I hope to have it together before New Years.

Because of my work schedule I will not be using it at all over the weekend, nor during weekday nights. I would be more than happy to share my RepStrap if someone needs to print their RepRap parts.
Re: Winston-Salem RepRap Group
December 24, 2009 01:30PM
Makerbot #469 in Winston Salem is now fully operational. If anyone in the local area needs access just contact me.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
March 12, 2010 11:55PM
spacexula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Makerbot #469 in Winston Salem is now fully
> operational. If anyone in the local area needs
> access just contact me.

I'm in the Charlotte area, just moved here from Winston-Salem (Mount Tabor). I'm in the process of creating a RepStrap (similar to the WolfStrap design). I'd love to get together and pick your brain... And perhaps printout some extruder parts....

Thanks,
Christopher
August 11, 2012 08:28PM
I just joined the forum and am interested in the 3d printing process.
I know that buying a kit is cheaper than the actual model already built, but my technological back ground is not that great.
I am planning on getting the printer this time next year if all goes well.
Do I have any offers of help for when I do get the kit.
Just help on the install and making sure it is up and running.

To Spacexula.....
I would be interested in seeing one run and to see what all you have printed out and what those items were used for.
Let me know what day would be good for a visit.
I'm here off of old hwy 52 between exits 100 and 103 on hwy 52...just north of Midway.
August 18, 2012 01:07PM
August 04, 2013 12:19AM
I'm also in Winston Salem, and I've got a Plastibot Prusa/Mendel.

My biggest issue right now is the extruder. Took mine down for maintenance... I was thinking about getting one of the new Prusa stainless steel extruders to replace it, but you can't get them anywhere. So I'm designing one instead. That is, as soon as my friend has time to lathe it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login