Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I am needing help with my custom Ord Bot

Posted by jtucker 
I am needing help with my custom Ord Bot
January 07, 2014 08:04PM
Ok so I have built a huge Ord Bot and its printing now but the z axis will not go up when printing. I am not sure what to do now any help from a local or other would be appreciated. I have uploaded my firmware. I am also using printrun and all motors run from lcd and manual in pronterface! I am also uploading a couple of pictures too. Thanks in advance im still very new to the 3d printing world. Oh yea I have the mega2560 and ramps 1.4 with gadgets3d LCD.
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin.ino (1.8 KB)
Re: I am needing help with my custom Ord Bot
January 07, 2014 08:14PM
Here Is my printer !
Attachments:
open | download - printer.jpg (57.8 KB)
January 08, 2014 09:24PM
Hi j,

What kind of noise does the printer make on layer change? It could be that the firmware is trying to drive the steppers too fast and the stepper is missing steps. I was having this trouble on my new printer. It seemed like a problem I could have solved by cranking the driver current up, but it was just too fast (direct driving 5mm threaded rods, which it appears yours may be doing as well).

You don't necessarily need to find local help with this. You can get a lot of support in #reprap on Freenode IRC, or on the 3D printing Google+ community. [plus.google.com]

I'm in the RDU area. My G+ is [plus.google.com]

Good luck!

-Tony
January 09, 2014 07:17AM
Hey Tony the rods are 8mm threaded rod, but it actually measures out to 7.32 mm. I am not sure where to change the speed at in the firmware. Also there really isn't any sound from z axis during print but x and y are moving very smooth.
January 13, 2014 12:47PM
I wouldn't worry about the measurement just yet. There are speed limits and other default configurations (around the lines where you handle steps/mm) in Configuration.h in Marlin. In Pronterface you should be able to set move speeds above the XYZ controls. Set the Z down by half until something gets going.

When you say all motors run manually from pronterface, is it that you checked the motor by moving them all to, say, the X axis and tested there? Or does the Z motor move when commanded from Pronterface while it's connected to the Z driver? I'm worried about a hardware issue here.

Sorry for the slow reply, I don't check here often. I (and others) are abound with responses on G+.
January 13, 2014 02:26PM
Ok problem solved I had the z min set to 35 so unless the print went above that no movement. I have it all fixed and will hopefully be printing later this week. Thanks for the input though!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login