Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prepping for an Eventorbot Build

Posted by Nargousias 
Prepping for an Eventorbot Build
September 14, 2012 02:57AM
After months of research I have finally decided to make my PreRap system. I figured that 10 months is enough to begin. i was leaning towards the Brook Drumms Printrbot.

However recently i discovered another design I like a lot better and it is the one I want to start with.

Dewey's Eventorbot breaks the entire frame down to a singular 2.5" metal tube. Here it what it looks like:

I have grown to love this thing. He is getting things started right now but I am preparing to get the materials together starting this week.

Dewey has started some amateur videos of his work and things should get better as he progresses and can reshoot some of his videos and edit them a bit to make the process flow better. What he has up right now on his site is worth a few hours to read and watch the videos.

My overall plan is to make some mods as I go to improve (at least in my opinion) and provide a 12x12x12 inch build surface.

As I do this I want to heavily document it and maybe even start building a few to sell off.

Nargo....
Re: Prepping for an Eventorbot Build
September 14, 2012 01:33PM
I've been going through everything related to the Eventorbot lately. I think it is an awesome design with lots of potential. My next printer may very well be a derivative of it. I would make several changes though, and probably use aluminum tube instead of steel to reduce weight. Definitely keep good documentation on your build. That is something that I am terrible about. Every RepRap that I have built has significant modifications, but I never document any of it sad smiley

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Re: Prepping for an Eventorbot Build
September 22, 2012 01:37PM
I have been sourcing my parts out and need some printed parts to at least get the build going.

is anyone in the local community willing to print some 3d parts for me? I am willing to compensate for time and materials.

I have a specific list of the printed parts with quantity and the files.. (attached)

Qty File
2 bed_A_p1_P-022.stl
2 bed_A_p2_P-023.stl
1 bed_carriage_p1_P-012.stl
1 bed_carriage_p2_P-013.stl
1 bed_carriage_p2_P-015.stl
1 bed_carriage_p3_P-014.stl
1 bed_p1_P-020.stl
1 bed_p2_P-021.stl
1 extruder_housing_P-002.stl
2 footing_1_P-009.stl
4 footing_2_P-010.stl
1 mother_board_tray_P-003.stl
3 motor_mount_P-005.stl
2 pulley_gear_P-006.stl
2 rod_support_p1_P-016.stl
2 rod_support_p2_P-017.stl
1 x_carriage_P-007.stl
1 x_carriage_part_2_P-008.stl
1 z_carriage_P1-018.stl
1 z_carriage_p2_P-019.stl
Attachments:
open | download - Eventorbot-STLs.zip (338.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login