Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smartrapcore XL300 Basic Kit

Posted by WZ9V 
Smartrapcore XL300 Basic Kit
July 27, 2016 05:54PM
After a month of waiting, waiting, waiting I'm supposed to get my kit this Monday.

Exciting times.
Re: Smartrapcore XL300 Basic Kit
July 27, 2016 06:45PM
I just hope your tracking details show it was picked up and moving. My experience had the package not picked up for two weeks before it finally began to move despite the "estimated arrival date" from the original emails from DHL. Good luck!
July 27, 2016 06:57PM
Good to know. The tracking site they sent me is all in French and I don't understand French.

Just figured out how to find it on the DHL site in English and it is still "Shipping Information Recieved" so you may be right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2016 07:02PM by WZ9V.
July 28, 2016 10:44AM
Got the pickup notice today, so now the date is Tuesday the 2nd.
July 29, 2016 10:36PM
It was going well until DHL sent me an exception of "The shipment has been identified as containing Dangerous Goods and requires special processing" and was returned to Smartfriendz.
July 31, 2016 05:52PM
What country were they sending it to? I didn't have anything like that happen when they shipped it to the US, although mine wasn't a 300XL.
August 01, 2016 10:37AM
I'm in the US. It was the DHL office in France that declared it dangerous good and returned it.
August 01, 2016 01:36PM
So what happens to it now, Are they re sending it, or did they refund your money?
August 02, 2016 05:44PM
Don't know. I have not received a response to either my email asking about it or my update to the order asking about it. Might have to try an actual phone call tomorrow morning.

I hope the printer is worth all this aggravation.
August 03, 2016 09:50AM
The only difference I can see between the Smartrapcore Alu and the XL300 is the "custom aluminium heated bed ! 30x30 cm" apart from the obvious longer lengths on extrusions and rods. I wonder if the heat bed was what DHL didn't like presuming they did some sort of scan on the package to check its contents. DHL didn't seem to have an issue with the Smartrapcore Alu kit with the MK2b PCB heat bed.
August 03, 2016 05:54PM
They got back to me this morning. Mine and three other kits were rejected by DHL. The reason given was that DHL just came out with a new form with additional security questions (after the terrorist attacks in France) and the kits were prepared with the older form which caused them to be rejected as "Dangerous Goods" because they were missing the answers to the new security questions. Unfortunately it won't ship back out until the 8th.

Fingers Crossed.

The other XL300 differences are the bed is not cantilevered and it is supported all four corners with a rod and linear bearing and uses two belt drives on the Z axis which are located midway down each side of the bed.
August 04, 2016 01:31PM
WZ9V
The other XL300 differences are the bed is not cantilevered and it is supported all four corners with a rod and linear bearing and uses two belt drives on the Z axis which are located midway down each side of the bed.

I was only meaning what parts differences were there, I wouldn't expect additional motors and rods to cause the DHL exception. Of course, I had wondered if something changed in the DHL shipping process after the attacks.

I think the double motors for the Z axis aren't necessary. I have a bed design on my 300x300x360 machine that has 4 bearing and 4 rods on the corners of an aluminum profile bed platform that uses 1 motor with a really long belt that is attached to both sides of the bed platform. It runs at a lightly higher torque than the rest of the motors, but I think that is better than to try and keep 2 motors in synchronized steps.
August 11, 2016 01:26PM
Shipment rescheduled and picked up. Fingers crossed that it actually makes it out of France this time. Seems it got held up last time because DHL decided it had Lipo's in teh box which the kit does not. The ghost "Lipo" was the dangerous item that prevented shipment. So bad X-Ray or technician.
August 13, 2016 10:29AM
Made it out of France to Germany.
August 15, 2016 03:07PM
Arrived today. First thing I noticed is that they sent a 220V silicone heater. Ugh.

Other than that it looks good. Need to do a detailed inventory and sort out the heater.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2016 10:57PM by WZ9V.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login