Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruders

Posted by Wallmaster 
Extruders
July 11, 2014 07:44PM
After about a year witrh the raptor type drive gear I was starting to throw tools and cuss a lot. Then I ordered a mk7 style gear and immediately I was at peace and my printer was working 10 times better. It really was a night and day difference. The extruder I own came with a raptor gear so I figured it would at least work pretty well. Then I suspected it was causing many issues and had my friend fashion a gear up on his lathe that I cut teeth with a rotory tool. It was ok, but then I finally ordered a " commercial " MK7 style gear. What a difference.
Re: Extruders
July 11, 2014 08:09PM
I would like to smash the gear on the left with a hammer, send it back to the people who provided it and ask for a year of my personal time back....Then I want to order a "dozen" more of the one on the right .
Attachments:
open | download - photo.jpg (28.9 KB)
July 30, 2014 06:02AM
u used it as a direct drive extruder or a geared extruder? I used a raptor style gear on a geared extruder for sometime before the mk7 and it never failed . The only problem that it had was that it would kink some soft filaments sometimes which was frustrating.. The mk7 is flawless though. I have it on a gregs style extruder for over 2 years now.. Works great with any kind of filament.
July 31, 2014 12:36AM
I used it on a direct drive. It did function, but takes a lot of patience.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login