Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printers In the Area

Posted by Wallmaster 
Printers In the Area
December 16, 2013 09:50AM
Anyone else with a 3D Printer In the Toledo Area ? I feel like the only one !sad smiley
Attachments:
open | download - DSC00064.JPG (203.8 KB)
Re: Printers In the Area
January 27, 2014 12:02AM
Come -on are the no other Makers in Toledo....just like this town I guess, good people but its always been kind of an unfriendly place.
January 13, 2015 10:38PM
Ho, Humm, Toledo....."You wont do better in Toledo" because apparently no-one does anything.....
March 25, 2015 10:46PM
I'm not in Toledo, but just 40 miles west in Pettisville.
What printer do you have?

I'm running a Prusa i3.

Lynn
March 26, 2015 09:57AM
How long have you had the i3? I have one mendel max 1.5 and one custom machine thats a little larger. Your welcome to see the other posts for the toledo forum , i think i have pictures of both listed.
March 30, 2015 06:53AM
Rebuilding Hot ends on both printers at the moment, new ptfe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 06:54AM by Wallmaster.
June 15, 2015 06:19PM
I'm not in the Toledo area, I'm a little over an hour south between Toledo and Dayton. I currently have a Folger Tech 2020 Prusa i3. Just saying hello.
June 15, 2015 06:27PM
Hey Devil, Around Lima then I guess. Is the Folger your first 3d Printer and how long have you had the i3?
My current project is a full sized Acoustic Guitar, not yet complete.

[www.flickr.com]
June 16, 2015 02:12PM
I'm southwest of Lima, St. Marys. The Folger is my first printer. I have a friend at work that has MakerGear M2, that got me hooked on getting into the printing arena. I got mine Memorial Day weekend.

I don't have any long term goals, other than maybe building a larger formay, multi-extruder machine.

I'm into scale RC trail trucks, so I've been designing scale racing fuel cells and a few other things. It's a complete learning experience for me, from the design stage to the printing stage.
June 16, 2015 03:03PM
Devil, That's really cool, its amazing how many applications that 3d printing can be of use with. Folgers do seem to be affordable and popular. I built my first printer when there weren't a lot of kits available, so the majority of it was my own fabrication. Most of the stuff I could find was coming out of Europe, now its a different ball game with China involved. I started out thinking I would just throw something together in a few months to help me make robot parts....that turned into a 3 year journey of learning by trial and error. But now, I am finally at the point the printer has become a tool to make things, instead of being the focus of the work. (Of course I am typical, and don't like to stop and ask for directions, so that made learning the in and outs of 3d printing that much more of an uphill battle)
July 01, 2015 12:15AM
Hi, I'm new to 3d printing living in Defiance with a Prusa i3. Bought it from an eBay vendor claiming to be located in California. I don't recommend buying Havit 3d printer if you are like me totally new to Chenglish instructions. Oh well, it is assembled and looks pretty on my table. Must admit that I am having trouble getting it to do anything. Do I need to put gas in it somewhere? I have a long list of things I want to print, from potato chip bag clips to my grandson's remote controlled submarine. Right now I am going through Arduino tutorials and YouTube videos occasionally getting out of my chair to go for a walk and banging my head against the wall. Any advise would be welcome. Am excited to get going and smell hot plastic.
July 01, 2015 07:15AM
Hi Fourwagons, What firmware and what are you using to control the printer, Repiter,, PrintRun or something else? Once you have it moving in all directions, I have one word, Calibration. after that its pretty simple.
July 01, 2015 05:44PM
I have tried a variety of installs without being able to detect a successful transfer from PC to ATMega 2560. Today I am trying to follow instructions to the letter on YouTube video published by "engineglue" on Dec 31,2012. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j5RzXVzZ3DY#! ). The process will be interrupted by a baby sitting duty this morning. ..... ok, back from baby sitting. Thanks for the tip on calibration
July 14, 2015 12:45PM
Hooray!! A friend helped set me right on build errors and helped with software. We have made some prints successfully plus now that friend is obviously excited about 3d printing. His grand daughter is watching a plaque being printed with her name on it.
September 26, 2015 10:56PM
Ok you bump on a log toledo makers.... whats your deal. Forums are for old people? gotta be on facebook? pffft...

6 months of work, see link, read em and weap you slow pokes.

[www.flickr.com]
September 26, 2015 11:04PM
HAHA. And its only been 4 months since I bumped this post. The guitar looks great and thanks for sharing it. I haven't done anything that extravagant, but I did make some washers for the toilet seat screws. They worked great.

Forums are honestly the best, some of these FB group things are for the birds, way too much drama and idiots involved.

As soon as you posted I got an email notification. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 02, 2016 11:54PM
Knocking the dust off the billboard tonight....inmoov is the latest 8cup printing project.....what's going on Toledo??
February 03, 2016 01:09AM
Build Progress here:
[www.8cup.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login