Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible to restart printing at certain layers?

Posted by gwild 
Possible to restart printing at certain layers?
January 29, 2018 05:59PM
Hi all,
I'm looking for a feature but can't find it, can anyone help:
Sometimes my print can fail, for example the nozzle becoming caught on a curling overhang, and then the printer carries on the print but with the layers offset by a couple of centimetres.

I'd like to be able to pause the printer, cut off the offset layers from the print, then 'rewind' the printing to continue from the layer where the offset occurred.
In this way I would be able to rescue the item being printed and carry on as though nothing has happened.

Is this a feature that exists, and if so, where, please?
I'm using an Ormerod 2, dc42 firmware, web interface, and sometimes Octoprint.

many thanks.
Re: Possible to restart printing at certain layers?
January 29, 2018 06:30PM
That feature doesn't exist yet, but could be hacked. In firmware 1.20 any time you pause a print the resurrect.g file gets created so that you can power off the printer and resume the print afterwards. What you would need to do is edit the M26 command to contain the offset in the file of where you want to restart from. A program could search the file for the G1 command that moves to the start of the layer where you want to resume, to establish that offset.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login