Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Octoprint?

Posted by gwild 
Octoprint?
January 17, 2018 10:42AM
I have an Ormerod 2 with stock Duet board.
I'd like to move this to somewhere there is no ethernet. But there is still Wifi.
I was hoping to use a Raspberry Pi to make some kind of bridge between the wifi and the ethernet port on the 3D printer, but the Raspberry Pi forum people suggest that would not be possible. See my post [www.raspberrypi.org]

But they do suggest using Octoprint to obtain controlling the Ormerod 2 via Wifi.
Has anyone had experience of using the Ormerod 2 with Octoprint? I've never used Octoprint at all so have no feeling for how it communicates.

thanks!
Re: Octoprint?
January 17, 2018 04:31PM
You can connect the ormerod to your wireless using a nano router. I do this at home lets me connect the ormerod up to the wireless. And then I can use the web interface to control the printer as normal. The one i use is called a phicomm wireless nano router model M1 D1.0. But you should be able to use other makes and models to achive the same thing.
Re: Octoprint?
January 17, 2018 06:06PM
richokarl
You can connect the ormerod to your wireless using a nano router.

I agree, much simpler and you use the Duet web interface without adding an extra point of failure in the form of the Pi (as much as I like them and Octoprint)

I've used a TP-Link TL-WR802N in client mode.
Cheap and maybe a little slow compared to Ethernet, but worked perfectly well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login