Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y and Z goes the wrong way after upgrade of Ormerod 1

Posted by nof 
nof
Y and Z goes the wrong way after upgrade of Ormerod 1
November 03, 2017 02:34PM
Hello!
I have upgraded my Ormerod 1 with a new Duet 0.85 and installed the firmware v. 1.09. The SD card got the files from the same downloadf as the firmware. I'm using the sys-Ormerod-1 files.
The web-interface is working.
All motors are connected the same way.
X-movements are correct and X-homing works.
Z-movements are opposite was it should be, I can change the motors connection to solve this.
Y-movements are in the wrong direction, BUT when homing the Y the bed goes in the right direction but don't recognize the end switch. There is a red LED that lights up when the end switch is activated.
E motor don't work. I did heated the nozzle to 170C but it still didn't work.
Bed don't heat up and shows a temperature of 50C when it is cold. (I have no extra resistors in series with the thermistors.)
Do anyone have any suggestions for fixing my Ormerod?

Ormerod #399 and He3D K200 dual head.
Re: Y and Z goes the wrong way after upgrade of Ormerod 1
November 03, 2017 02:41PM
Why on earth did you upgrade to 1.09 fw when we are upto 1.19.2 now as a stable release and 1.20.b6 as a beta

see the DC42 Github
nof
Re: Y and Z goes the wrong way after upgrade of Ormerod 1
November 04, 2017 02:52PM
You are correct dougal1957.
I should have started with the newest firmware. The reason I didn't do it is hat there are so many new parameters that I didn't have at the moment.
I have now installed V1.19 and used dc42's configuration guide. That solved the problem with the motors and end stop once I learned to change the parameters in question.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login