Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PanelDue is now better and cheaper!

Posted by dc42 
PanelDue is now better and cheaper!
October 31, 2017 07:42AM
If you haven't yet added a PanelDue to your Ormerod, there has never been a better time, because the recently-released Panel Due version 3.0 is better and cheaper than its predecessors.

The standard 4.3" PanelDue enclosure that I published on Thingyverse can be mounted on top of the Z axis, as I have just done with my dual nozzle Ormerod 1.

Click on the image to get it the right way up. You can buy either just the Panel Due display controller board from me via [escher3d.com], or the complete kit (controller board + display + cable) from duet3d.com, Filastruder or other distributors.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

Re: PanelDue is now better and cheaper!
February 28, 2018 07:36PM
sorry to jump onto this post but i have just got my Ormerod 2 off the shelf after having had a broken part for a couple of years and finally printed a replacement part on another printer.
i am running 0.78 firmware i think with the duet 0.6 and the external 5v board. i also have a version 2 paneldue that i brought 4 months back with a 7" screen to try get myself back into this printer.
web interface worked then has locked up and i can no longer connect so i though it was a good time to upgrade firmware.

what firmware should i upgrade to and is there anything i have to do to get it working on the Ormerod 2 specifically ?
March 01, 2018 03:31AM
First of all, don't try to power the PanelDue from the external 5V board, because that board can't power it without overheating. Use either the 5V regulator on the Duet, or power the PanelDue from a USB power supply and disconnect one end of the +5V wire in the cable. See the PanelDue fitting instructions.

The latest stable firmware for the Duet 0.6 is version 1.20 available at [github.com]. There are a number of things you may need to change in your config.g file when you upgrade, including:

- add commands to tell the firmware what endstops you have. For the Ormerod 2 I think these are M574 X1 S2 and M574 Y1 S1.
- the X axis may move in the wrong direction. Correct it using a M569 command.

There are probably other changes needed that I have forgotten. Test the IR sensor before you rely on it for homing.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 01, 2018 09:39AM
For the past month I've been building a D-Bot CoreXY machine, based around a Duet and dc42 ir sensor, as that's what I was familiar with from my Ormerod.

When ordering, I tagged a 4.3" PanelDue onto the order, 'just because', though I didn't really think I'd make much use of it.

Have to say I was wrong - it's a very convenient way to control the printer when setting up, and for keeping a weather eye on the new machine as I'm learning what it can do. I might have to buy another, to retrofit my Ormerod!

Dave
March 01, 2018 11:39PM
Thank you for the Prompt response i will give it a go this weekend and see how i get on.
i am currently powering the paneldue from USB.

Again thanks for the help and awesome contributions in this community.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 11:40PM by MRPotterSmith.

Ormerod 2 Duet 0.6 and 7"Paneldue 2
Makerbot 2x
Peopoly Moai SLA
Lasercutters and CNCs
IG: MRPOTTERSMITH
March 10, 2018 01:53AM
dc42
First of all, don't try to power the PanelDue from the external 5V board, because that board can't power it without overheating. Use either the 5V regulator on the Duet, or power the PanelDue from a USB power supply and disconnect one end of the +5V wire in the cable. See the PanelDue fitting instructions.

The latest stable firmware for the Duet 0.6 is version 1.20 available at [github.com]. There are a number of things you may need to change in your config.g file when you upgrade, including:

- add commands to tell the firmware what endstops you have. For the Ormerod 2 I think these are M574 X1 S2 and M574 Y1 S1.
- the X axis may move in the wrong direction. Correct it using a M569 command.

There are probably other changes needed that I have forgotten. Test the IR sensor before you rely on it for homing.

Thanks Heaps for your input
M569 needed changing and the rest was taken care of in the RepRap Config builder.
printer is up and running again just need your IR height sensor now and a bit of tuning.

Again thanks heaps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login