Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IR-Sensor Problem with new DC42 1.19 Firmware

Posted by Cash 
IR-Sensor Problem with new DC42 1.19 Firmware
September 17, 2017 04:05PM
Hi there,

I updated my Firmware of the ReprapPro Ormerod today (0.60 to 1.19) and now the Z-Probe (poor old original IR-Sensor) is showing only values between about 300-420. In result the sensor will not work correctly as Endswitch for the X-Axis and also not for the Z-Axis! In my old configuration I had a threshold value of 500, like in the new firmware.
It looks to me that the values are too low! I have adjusted the threshold to a lower value, but the X-Axis endswitch function did not work anyways.

Hope someone will have an idea! I googled around now for about 1,5h but unforunately I found no solution.

Cheers, Frank
Re: IR-Sensor Problem with new DC42 1.19 Firmware
September 18, 2017 02:36AM
Possibly I used the wrong Firmware file for a newer duet board. Will check this this evening...

Frank
September 18, 2017 02:38AM
The wiring between the Z probe and Duet changed, around firmware 0.85 AFAIR. You need to move the blue wire along a few pins. The Ormerod 1 wiring instructions on the RepRapPro website now shown the correct connections I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 02:39AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 18, 2017 04:12AM
Hi DC42,

thank you very much, I think this is the problem! I found the desciption on the website about the changed wiring. Will check this in the evening...

Frank
September 19, 2017 03:22AM
I have changed the wiring and the machine is now working again! Thank you!

Frank
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login