Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop problems

Posted by lasse 
Endstop problems
March 26, 2017 01:19PM
Hello. I have still not solved my problems whith the desorientation of my Ormerod and why its not capable of homing. But I have tried many things including generating g-files from the official Reprap-communityfrom this site : [configurator.reprapfirmware.org] This was one of my hopes that everything should work again. So this is the reason why I start a new tread instead of my old one.. As you can see in the machine properties from the webinterface there is no endstop generated from the Z probe on the X and Z axes. So I guess that this is maybe the reason why my Ormerod2 looses its orientation. The parameters in the attached file machineproperties is the ones generated so I assume this is the ones to be used. but I have also tried other ones.. The configuration of my machine is that a microswitch in the lower end of the Y axes opens . And the other 2 directions ( X and Z) is controlled by the Z-probe also in the lower ends. But this does apearently not work I don t know why?
I have tester my Z probe and it seems to work but maybe not ??
Should I replace the Z-probe or what??
Lasse

; Endstops
M574 X0 Y1 Z0 S0 ; Define active low and unused microswitches
M558 P2 X1 Y0 Z1 H5 F120 T6000 ; Set Z probe type to modulated, the axes for which it is used and the probe + travel speeds
G31 P597 X45 Y6 Z1.0 ; Set Z probe trigger value, offset and trigger height
M557 X15:215 Y15:195 S20 ; Define mesh grid

Once again my versions:
Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet
Firmware Electronics: Duet 0.6
Firmware Version: 1.17e (2017-02-10)
Web Interface Version: 1.14-RC1
Printer: Ormerod 2 version 528.1
Attachments:
open | download - 17-03-26Endstops.txt (320 bytes)
Re: Endstop problems
March 26, 2017 02:06PM
The Y endstop switch on the Ormerod is normally closed, so you need S1 in the M574 command not S0.

Does X homing work? If not then you may need to put a piece of white card on top of the X homing tab to make sure that the sensor triggers reliably when it is over the tab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2017 02:07PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 27, 2017 08:45AM
THANK YOU DC 42! Small things can do everything1 As I wrote before I have tried nearly eveything including changing parameters like S0 to S1 changing numeric values according to all instructions in different forums but nothing have helped my desoriented
Ormerod printing outside of the bed, not capable of X-homing etc...That is until your advice to put a piece of white card on the X homing tab whitch is a green printed part. This I havnt realized and no documentation is it written about this important thing. And the Z probe has triggered earlier whitout this white card. . Anyway now my printer homes correctly and starts printing in the middle of the bed smiling smiley I am happy to have a working printer again.

So now I just have some questions concerning the G29 and G32 commands. The first one returns "Z probe was not triggered during probing move". And the second one reutrns "bed calibration error 0 points provided but only 3,4 and 5 is supported".
I quess I have to change the position of my calibration points (generated by the official Reprap configuration tool). Finally. I am thinking about buing your intellegent Z probe. What is the main antvantage of it how much more precice is it?
Lasse
March 27, 2017 04:57PM
Re G29, to use it with the stock Ormerod sensor you would need to use a white paper target everywhere that it probes. The main advantage of my sensor is that you can use it anywhere on the bed without needing white paper targets. For best accuracy you should put a sheet of black paper between the glass and the aluminium heat spreader, or paint the heat spreader matt black.

Re G32, please note that in the most recent beta, the option to define the G32 probe points using M557 has been withdrawn. Use a bed.g file instead. See [duet3d.com].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2017 04:58PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login