Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini IR Height Sensor

Posted by sea85bass 
Mini IR Height Sensor
December 21, 2016 01:18PM
I'm trying to build one of dc42's Mini IR Height Sensor's. The trouble is that I cannot find any of the SFH3100F or SFH4141. So dose anyone know of what I can use in there place? I would prefer something that I could get from Digikey. Thanks for your time.
Re: Mini IR Height Sensor
December 21, 2016 01:30PM
i belive these are the ones your looking for:
[www.digikey.co.uk]
[www.digikey.co.uk]
[uk.rs-online.com]
[uk.rs-online.com]
What you can get instead DC42 would know best since i never tried making it myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2016 01:31PM by Darathy.
December 21, 2016 01:34PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried pm dc42 but he hasn't got back with me yet.
December 21, 2016 01:57PM
I went to the links you posted and all of them are out of stock except for the UK.rs-online.com SFH3100F. So I need to find something to replace the SFH4141. If I could just figured out what attributes of the IR Diodes it has to have, like voltage, viewing angle things like that it would help alot.
April 02, 2017 07:31PM
I know this would probably be considered a necro-posting, but I've succeeded in making my own IR sensor with following parts:

Phototransistor: SFH 3100 F, C$0.77 each
IR LED: SFH 4045N, C$1.13 each

All of them are available from digikey in minimum quantities of 1.

Yes, LEDs are SMD, but so are almost all of the remaining parts. Phototransistor seems to have wide enough viewing angle to work just fine with them.

I am still not sure if I am allowed to publish my project on OSH Park since the board layout was never published by author and schematic is CC BY-NC-SA which is not really an open source license and v1.2 board, BOM, schematic and firmware was never published at all, so I'd assume they are not open source at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login