Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y-axis noises

Posted by Treito 
Y-axis noises
November 24, 2016 07:26AM
Hello,

my y-axis makes terrible noises, but why? All bearings have been renewed.
[youtu.be]

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Sven

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Re: Y-axis noises
November 24, 2016 12:25PM
Dont know ,my X axis bearing makes simular noise but not as loud as that ,more rubbery. I oil it a lot but doesnt seem to make any diference. I have already changed it once ,but it still does it. Dont know why either.
November 25, 2016 12:57AM
My Y axis makes a similar noise. I think belt tension has something to do with it as the noise has definitely got worse since I tensioned the belt.
November 25, 2016 02:48AM
Does the noise go away if you loosen the clamps that secure the bearings to the bed support? It could be that the clamps are trying to rotate the bearings out of alignment.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 25, 2016 02:52AM
dc42
Does the noise go away if you loosen the clamps that secure the bearings to the bed support? It could be that the clamps are trying to rotate the bearings out of alignment.

Hmm possible, but I cannot imagine. I recently changed back to LM12UU just before recording. Therefore the bearings were printed so the noise would have been changed if I am not wrong.

Maybe the belt tension is too high that would fit to jsv555 and Darathy who managed somehow to do this on the x-axis.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
November 30, 2016 07:25AM
I had this and couldn't get rid of it for ages, swapped bearings etc. In the end I tracked it down to a misalignment of the belt. I hadn't tightened the screw on the back of the motor enough and it had worked it's way loose. This meant the motor was pulling forward throwing the belt very slightly out of true. I tightened it up and the noise went away. I now have a redesigned motor mount that has a front brace eliminating the need for the difficult to get at rear screw. [www.thingiverse.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login