Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder stuttering

Posted by Sardi 
Extruder stuttering
October 20, 2016 07:48PM
Lately it happens that somewhere near the end of the print, the extruder suddenly starts stuttering a bit, and so leaving small gaps while doing the infill.

It only happens during infill which is done at 35mms, for everything else (including retraction at 145mms) it does not stutter.

What confuses me it that it starts to stutter all of a sudden. Temperature was the same all the way (170), speed also, nothing changed so that it may cause the extruder to stutter.
Re: Extruder stuttering
October 21, 2016 06:04AM
Sardi
It only happens during infill which is done at 35mms, for everything else (including retraction at 145mms) it does not stutter.

If your infill extrusion width is greater than you perimeter ditto that would explain it (my setting is 150%)

What confuses me it that it starts to stutter all of a sudden. Temperature was the same all the way (170), speed also, nothing changed so that it may cause the extruder to stutter.

170C is kinda low (depending on the filament), I would never go lower than 185C

Erik
October 26, 2016 02:26PM
I have a roll of white filament from BQ that can go as low as 160C, but only at slow speeds.
So I guess here could be the speed vs hot end temperature issue.
October 27, 2016 06:53AM
You could have a partially blocked nozzle

Dave
October 27, 2016 12:03PM
dmould

Dave

I could, but then it would only be blocked at higher speeds at lower temps.
October 27, 2016 12:10PM
Sardi
dmould

Dave

I could, but then it would only be blocked at higher speeds at lower temps.

It could well be that at slower speeds & hotter temps the extruder motor is strong enough to push the plastic past the partial blockage.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login