Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder fan - automated on/off based on extruder temp

Posted by xeb 
xeb
Extruder fan - automated on/off based on extruder temp
September 29, 2016 01:42PM
Hi,

My extruder fan is always on from the moment I switch on my printer. I remember coming across a solution which automate the fan depending on the extruder temperature, how can I go about this? My current firmware version is 1.09 if that helps.

Thanks.
Re: Extruder fan - automated on/off based on extruder temp
September 29, 2016 04:41PM
I implemented thermostatically-controlled fans in my fork of RRF a lomg time ago. The snag is that the Duet 0.6 shipped with the Ormerod has only one controlled fan output, so if you have a print cooling fan already than you can't have a thermostatically-controlled hot end fan too.

The 1.09 version of RRF is over a year old and is no longer maintained since RRF ceased trading. The Fisher kits they sold used my fork.

You can find my fork at [github.com]. When upgrading, you can keep your existing config and homing files if you like, but you should add a M574 command to config.g to define your homing switch locations. You may wish to adjust your homeall.g file to do simultaneous X and Y homing. If you are using a Windows PC to connect to your printer, you should install the device driver in the Drivers folder. You should update DuetWebControl to version 1.12. You should also tune your heaters as described at
[duet3d.com].

There is a dedicated section in these forums for the Duet, which you may also find helpful.

HTH David

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2016 04:44PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login