Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DC42 dual Hot end board help

Posted by brlowe 
DC42 dual Hot end board help
August 13, 2016 07:40PM
I'm working with a Replikeo printer and I think the colors are different than the instruction. Does any one have the pin out for all the connectors on the dual board? I'm only using it as a single right now.
Thank you
Re: DC42 dual Hot end board help
August 14, 2016 02:58AM
Do you have a diagram or photo showing the wire colours where they connect to the Duet?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 18, 2016 07:31PM
Here is the board diagram and a couple pictures. I hope this helps.
I see the picture on your wordpress page showing the 8 pin connector and the 4 pin connector.
If you can just tell me what connections from the board got to which pin on the connectors I will be good. It looks like my wires have the same colors as the board diagram I'm including except for the 4 wires connected to the hot end heater. I have red/blk stripe, purple, red,and brown and the diagram shows Black, Yellow, Red and something I cannot make out.

I'm sure the info I'm giving you sucks but I'm just not getting it.

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_3250.JPG (136.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_3252.JPG (122.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_3253.JPG (127.9 KB)
open | download - Card.png (195 KB)
August 19, 2016 04:56PM
Referring to this image:

and the Card.png file you linked to:

On the 8 pin connector, the two yellow wires in my photo are hot end V-, which are the red and brown wires in your photo. The brown wires are hot end V+ which on your system are purple and a colour I can't make out. The pink wire is fan+ (blue fan wire in Card.png but yellow in your photo) and the black wire is fan- (green fan wire in Card.png but white in your photo). The blue and green hot end thermistor wires are the same on your system as on my wiring diagram.

On the 4-pin connector, the yellow wire is control (your blue proximity sensor wire), blue is output (your red proximity sensor wire), black is ground (your yellow wire) and pink is +3.3V (your green wire)

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

August 19, 2016 06:02PM
Thanks David.
I just got me new parts for mounting the board so I will be rebuilding my hot end this weekend and hooking up your board.
I have also ordered one of your new Duet boards. I think I was in group 3 so I'm not sure when I will get that. I almost want to wait until I have that to get it all hooked up and going.
I have one of your display setups to install at some point also.
August 20, 2016 02:43AM
brlowe
I have also ordered one of your new Duet boards. I think I was in group 3 so I'm not sure when I will get that. I almost want to wait until I have that to get it all hooked up and going.
I have one of your display setups to install at some point also.

Thanks for supporting me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login